I'm buying an unlocked 8310 and i've read that there's all kinds of problems with the Facebook app. true? or did they work out the bugs? Anything else that i won't be able to do? Thanks guys!
    06-13-10 12:58 AM
    the app works in general. the only real problems it has is that its ungodly slow loading stuff, mostly pictures. other than that, it works.
    06-13-10 04:04 AM
    There have intermittent problems since Christmas 2009 loading pics from BlackBerry. Mostly not working, but you can upload them via the special FB email upload you get when you set up a mobile account.

There are other idiosyncracies (dropped notifications, messages appearing out of order, mysterious database resets) but in spite of this I use it every day. You should have (might have to have) a media card, as the local database is quite large.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 08:44 AM
    Thanks guys. Ill be able to use IM and BBM after I get the settings from my network provider right?

06-13-10 09:25 AM
    oh and also I think I'm gonna get an 8320 since it has wifi built in. Is that any different as far as speed on apps? The phone itself I mean. Not the wifi.

06-13-10 09:27 AM
    If you're going to have bis/bes subscription why not 8310 (gps). Then you won't be missing a feature. There are plenty of useful apps that uses your location.

And no both phones are the same except for the gps/wifi.
    06-13-10 09:36 AM
    Is the phone super painfully slow without wifi? I had an 8900 that wasn't 3G and had to use EDGE so I know what it like not to have wifi. And since I'm using this phone for international travel, I suppose GPS would be the better option.

06-13-10 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD