When you get a new phone with a different pin,does this affect the apps you buy from crackberry?

What i mean is..If i bought apps on my old berry and usaved my third party apps on my computer.
    Now with the new phone since i have a new pin will restoring the apps work even with a new pin number or will i have to buy the apps again?
    07-02-10 02:09 PM
    That will depend on the individual apps. Sometimes there is nothing special, and what you have proposed will just work. If there is a registration key of some type required: sometimes the key is just a number, sometimes it is tied to the pin. If the latter is the case, you will have to generate a new key. There are a few apps that are licensed to a particular device, if that is the case you would have to buy the app over. There are very few that I know of like that though. Most transfer with nothing, or doing the key regeneration.

I just recently changed devices (twice, thanks to a broken first one) and you can very easily have apps you've purchased generate new keys by clicking the "Change Device ID" under the "My Device" block on the myaccount page.
    07-02-10 02:41 PM
    i tried to load the axl. file from my old pin to my new berry and it didnt work.
    Do you think if i change the pin number on the alx file to the new pin it would work? just wondering
    07-02-10 04:19 PM
    BlackBerry Apps My Account - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Log into that page from your computer. if you scroll down just a bit you will find a place that says PIN (device ID). You can change your pin to your new device there. Then when you log onto the superstore from your phone you can view all your items you purchased and redownload them
    07-02-10 05:30 PM
    okay thanks for the tip was wondering if theres was aeven a way to do this.Well I'm going to go try this now thanks.
    07-03-10 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD