I bought my Bold in June on vodafone UK brand new and on contract, and all apps used to work fine.

Lately whatsapp and foursquare are both refusing to open due to them trying to connect to something 'inside and outside the firewall that is not allowed due to my IT policy'. I have no IT policy!

Features of other apps also refuse to work due to this odd problem that I can't seem to fix!

Tried a security wipe and restore, tried turning off the firewall but there is a lock symbol on the option disallowing me to turn it off....

Any help would be much appreciated!!!
    11-12-10 06:34 AM
    And all permissions for the 2 apps are set to allow?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-10 09:28 AM
    ALL BlackBerrys have an IT Policy. Most of these are set to zero and do nothing at all. However it is there.

An It Policy can be changed by an app you install and sometimes the app does not remove the IT Policy when it is removed. You can also have changes made to your IT Policy if you connect your phone to a PC that has previously had another BlackBerry that DOES have an active IT Policy.

If it finally comes down to the fact that you are certain that there really is an active IT Policy on your phone then read this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...y-phone-81401/ and follow the instructions. This procedure works.
    berrynice13 likes this.
    11-12-10 12:53 PM
    +1 for Pete6

11-12-10 12:54 PM
    +1 for Pete6

Back in the day, I spent several weekends solving this problem. It really got to me and when I finally cracked it, I wrote the thread as you see today. I note that I was referring to OS 4.3 - how old is that?
    11-12-10 04:26 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f153/po...anager-489277/

I had this problem and my carrier eventually sent me directly to RIM's tech support because they could not solve it. RIM's Tech support could not solve it. So they raised the level of it so that an analyst would try to solve it.

They never did find a solution for me till Desktop Manager 6 came out. It just fixed it by accident, because it was re-written and handled IT Policy's differently then Desktop Manager 5.

So what happened.

I could do a security wipe and the IT Policy was removed. If I plugged my 9700 into my computer with DM opened it put the policy back on the phone. It happened as soon as it connect. I didn't even have to restore data.

If I took my backup file to another computer I could do a complete restore (a backup file from before I got the IT Policy) and I would not have it. At any time I connected my phone to MY computer, it would get the IT policy again.
    And before anyone says there is a file to delete on my computer relating to the IT Policy that can be deleted, there wasn't. Thats why RIM kept raising the level of person looking at it. They even took over my computer and searched through things. They decided that it was a bug in DM5

The IT Policy developed when my carrier made a change to my account. The minute I got the email saying that I have setup my email with them etc, my Phone also popped up a message saying it needed to restart for the new security settings to take effect. I was told that this is not possible by the carrier but it happened.

Anyways DM6 didn't transfer the IT Policy...So I guess after all that...

Are you using DM6?

And as a note. Any computer that I plugged my phone into when it had the mystery IT Policy on it, developed the habit of giving that IT Policy to any Berry that connected to it. My computer gave that IT Policy to 3 blackberry's.
    11-12-10 05:35 PM
    Back in the day, I spent several weekends solving this problem. It really got to me and when I finally cracked it, I wrote the thread as you see today. I note that I was referring to OS 4.3 - how old is that?
    Pretty darn old! Now there needs to be one for OS 5 and DM. Sometimes thing go away, then come back and strike again without notice.

11-12-10 08:46 PM
    I would uninstall DM, download and run www.CCleaner.com and reinstall DM after a reboot. If you already did that, then this is one heck of a mystery!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f153/po...anager-489277/

I had this problem and my carrier eventually sent me directly to RIM's tech support because they could not solve it. RIM's Tech support could not solve it. So they raised the level of it so that an analyst would try to solve it.

They never did find a solution for me till Desktop Manager 6 came out. It just fixed it by accident, because it was re-written and handled IT Policy's differently then Desktop Manager 5.

So what happened.

I could do a security wipe and the IT Policy was removed. If I plugged my 9700 into my computer with DM opened it put the policy back on the phone. It happened as soon as it connect. I didn't even have to restore data.

If I took my backup file to another computer I could do a complete restore (a backup file from before I got the IT Policy) and I would not have it. At any time I connected my phone to MY computer, it would get the IT policy again.
    And before anyone says there is a file to delete on my computer relating to the IT Policy that can be deleted, there wasn't. Thats why RIM kept raising the level of person looking at it. They even took over my computer and searched through things. They decided that it was a bug in DM5

The IT Policy developed when my carrier made a change to my account. The minute I got the email saying that I have setup my email with them etc, my Phone also popped up a message saying it needed to restart for the new security settings to take effect. I was told that this is not possible by the carrier but it happened.

Anyways DM6 didn't transfer the IT Policy...So I guess after all that...

Are you using DM6?

And as a note. Any computer that I plugged my phone into when it had the mystery IT Policy on it, developed the habit of giving that IT Policy to any Berry that connected to it. My computer gave that IT Policy to 3 blackberry's.
    11-12-10 08:49 PM
    Sorry about the late reply, have given you a thanks for that pete although I am unable to run crackutil, and not sure how to use jl_cmder (previous trys havent worked).

This problem is so annoying, starts appearing on apps that it didn't used to all the time
    11-21-10 02:25 PM
    BBSAK uses the same ways to completely wipe a device like the other utilities do.

Maybe do a complete factory restore on your computer if that partition or recovery disc exists, and then install desktop manager. If you have any corporate or enterprise e-mail suite or software, don't install it. Remember to back everything up beforehand, such as downloaded software. Delete anything you don't need. Backup to an external drive.

11-21-10 03:20 PM
    Ahhh yes I forgot about bbsak that's worth a try!

Don't have any enterprise software (which is why this is so annoying!)

May give bbsak a try, although I think 507 errors are my biggest fear in life...

Thanks!

11-21-10 03:26 PM
    The application whatsApp has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by my IT POLICY..,,,,,MY PHONE TYPE IS BOLD 9650,VERIZON.
    06-25-13 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD