I may have a case of incomplete uninstallations.

Both App World and Application Management are showing two apps still as installed, when I deleted the icons and restarted when prompted to. AP News Mobile and iSpeech translator are the two apps (two different vendors.)

I would like to know what's going on, and what's the best way to completely uninstall apps. Deleting the icon and restarting has worked for me until now, so I'm not sure what has happened.
    11-18-11 01:45 PM
    If you downloaded the applications from AppWorld, go into "MyWorld" and delete them from there.
    This will ensure that the record of installation is removed from the AppWorld cache, and will only show in your uninstalled applications list within AppWorld.

If you downloaded the applications directly from the developer's site, you can delete the applications directly from Applications Management within Options.

Please perform a battery pull after you remove any applications from your device.

Hope this helps...
    11-18-11 03:40 PM
    Thanks for your reply. Application Management took care of this specific issue.

Until now, whenever I have deleted apps, I've had complete removals just by deleting the icon and (soft) restarting. Never before have I had to delete them from App Management to completely get rid of them. Is this change because of AppWorld 3.0? I'd rather keep removal simple, and if going back to 2.x is what it takes, I'll do it.
    11-18-11 05:56 PM
    Thanks for your reply. Application Management took care of this specific issue.
    No problem. Glad it worked out for you!
    Until now, whenever I have deleted apps, I've had complete removals just by deleting the icon and (soft) restarting. Never before have I had to delete them from App Management to completely get rid of them. Is this change because of AppWorld 3.0? I'd rather keep removal simple, and if going back to 2.x is what it takes, I'll do it.
    I'm not too sure this has anything to do with the latest AppWorld version.
    I wouldn't worry about it, or make more of it than needed.
    I would tend to believe it was a fluke of some sorts, as that function should be present on the 9780.
    It is at least for me...
    Delete an application - User Guide - BlackBerry Bold 9780 Smartphone - 6.0
    But, I would also venture to say that you should get better results deleting apps via DM or Applications Management.
    Using those options are more generally accepted for best results, and as proof, it worked for you ultimately.
    For me, this has always been the case from before I obtained a BB and was a lurker here in the forums.
    With this newer device it is now found in Options->Device->Applications Management.
    But, the process is basically the same.
    See this brief blog from the early days...
    How to Uninstall 3rd Party Applications from your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Hope this helps...
    raino likes this.
    11-18-11 07:33 PM
    I was looking for one way that will always work, and from today's experience and your comment, it looks like Application Management will be the way to go. Thanks again.
    11-18-11 09:53 PM
    I was looking for one way that will always work, and from today's experience and your comment, it looks like Application Management will be the way to go. Thanks again.
    Ok, great!
    It sounds like you have made the decision that works for you.
    Enjoy!
    11-18-11 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD