I am a relatively new Blackberry addict and I know nothing about the technology so maybe this isn't a very smart question but I'm curious; when BB releases a new phone or new operating system do most of the third party apps need to be updated as well in order to function on the new phone/OS? If that is the case, what is the average lag time?

I ask this because my 8330 Curve works perfectly for me. I don't use all that many apps but in the short time I've owned my Curve I have become addicted to Pandora, FlyCast, ScoreMobile, MLB Gameday audio, and I use Facebook to keep up with my adult children and grandchildren. Like many other Verizon Blackberry users, I am looking forward to the Storm 2 but I don't want to get a new phone if my apps aren't going to work.
    09-18-09 06:19 PM
    Most of the apps are compatible or are updated by the time a new device comes out. There's a bit of a difference when going between trackball devices (like your 8330) to a touchscreen (Storm 2). When the Storm 1 came out there were a lot of apps that weren't available yet, but most are now and my presumption is that whatever works for the Storm 1 will work for the Storm 2.

In short, all the apps you mentioned are pretty popular and are almost certain to work with the Storm 2 right off the bat.
    09-18-09 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD