Is there any apps that allow you to store apps on your memory card? Will the new OS allow you to do this? Or will you be able to in the future? Thanks
    02-16-08 08:21 PM
    does any one know?
    02-16-08 10:19 PM
    No, not possible with the current OS, and haven't heard anything of it in upcoming release(s).
    02-16-08 10:31 PM
    I'm not the optimistic that we will be getting that feature anytime soon, Tho lets keep our fingers crossed that 4.5 might have it
    02-16-08 10:33 PM
    o ok thanks
    02-16-08 10:34 PM
    I bet you RIM would rather increase memory in devices than allow it to be ran from a memory card. Plus doing that in itself has issues. Especially if you get a cheap memory card with slow access...

Programs could fail to load / run...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-08 10:36 PM
    I bet you RIM would rather increase memory in devices than allow it to be ran from a memory card. Plus doing that in itself has issues. Especially if you get a cheap memory card with slow access...

Programs could fail to load / run...

Good point! I'm OK with them upping the device memory!
    02-16-08 10:37 PM
    but dont you need to buy a new bb then
    02-16-08 10:40 PM
    Well actually, that may not be true - if it's "secure" content that is stored on the memory card, such as games and other content you may have purchased, then it's highly likely that the content in question will not work if the memory card is inserted into another device...
    02-17-08 03:13 AM
    I'm curious as to why it is so difficult to run apps from a memory card? Running ZLauncher on my Palm I can run apps from the card with ease and have done so for a long time. I love my curve but it is very annoying to be limited to the small amount of app memory on this device.

06-20-08 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD