Will only apps that are compatible with os5 be compatible with os6 or will new apps have to be developed? How long do you think it will take to be developed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 05:06 PM
    Will only apps that are compatible with os5 be compatible with os6 or will new apps have to be developed? How long do you think it will take to be developed?

Some OS5 apps will be fully compatible, some partially, some not at all which means that some apps will have to be re-made to run on OS6. How long is up to the developers.
    08-07-10 05:20 PM
    Some OS5 apps will be fully compatible, some partially, some not at all which means that some apps will have to be re-made to run on OS6. How long is up to the developers.
    I did not see Score Mobile on the app world on the 9800 today. So I guess that's true.
    08-07-10 07:57 PM
    I did not see Score Mobile on the app world on the 9800 today. So I guess that's true.
    Scoremobile said that they will have a 9800 version as soon as the phone is officially released.
    08-07-10 10:14 PM
    Scoremobile said that they will have a 9800 version as soon as the phone is officially released.
    Ahhh great! Now we need other media outlets to start cranking out new apps for the 9800. Tired of seeing Fox news advertise the new android app.
    08-07-10 10:17 PM
    So given the difference in screen size between the torch and say the bold, how does that work? I know OS6 is backwards compatible but could we run into an issue where all apps have to be updated specifically for the torch like what happened for the Storm?

08-08-10 09:18 AM
    Since the Bold 9000's screen resolution is 480x320, I expect that will cause an issue with some apps which might otherwise run fine if you were moving from another 480x360 device.
    08-08-10 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD