Which apps can i find that do these things, and which do you guys use on the blackberry bold :

Scientific Calculator
    Weather
    Note Taking
    Unit Converter
    Freeing up and Monitoring Memory
    Making the Blackberry a Webcam
    Vibrate and Ring at the Same Time
    Reading PDF tx and WDS files
    A Shazam(iphone) like Program
    Unzip rar and zip files
    Full Screen Picture ID

Free Apps would be better obviously but i dont mind Paying.

and:

Has anyone used the Program : Video Caller ID? how is it?
    03-15-09 07:21 PM
    Calculator I use gcalc. Used to be free but not anymore. Weather eye is free. FileScout will do the zip files and is a donation based app. Buzz Me is a free vib and ring. Shazam on the Bold is a no go as of yet and that's the best I can do for you. And Bold?? Are you coming from the Storm??
    03-15-09 08:25 PM
    If not specified that I haven't tried it, each of the links below is my favorite for the categories you listed. If I don't list a separate webpage/info link and OTA link, it's because the site renders well in BB Browser and has direct links to downloads. If it doesn't say otherwise, each of the choices are free.

• Scientific Calculator: GCalc -website | mobile site - They currently offer a paid pro version or a free version which includes tolerable ads.
    • Weather: BBWeather - info | OTA download*
    • Note Taking: I just use the built-in MemoPad, but in conjunction with Vlingo. The note-to-self feature is awesome! Also, if you want to be able to create and edit text files, see BBFileScout below.
    • Unit Converter - I haven't tried it yet, but heard good things about the free BerryUnitConverter - webpage | OTA download
    • Freeing up and Monitoring Memory: I just use the built in memory cleaner. Go to Options -> Security Options -> Memory Cleaning, enable it and show the icon. I have heard mixed reviews of Aerize Optimizer, which is not free. Avoid the free MemoryUp Personal... it's extremely dubious and I can't find a single good explanation of how it does the the stuff it claims to do (which as far as I can tell is not possible).
    • Making the Blackberry a Webcam: never needed this personally, so no personal review, but there is Mobiola, but it's $20 if you decide you want to keep it after trial.
    • Vibrate and Ring at the Same Time: I'm always in vibrate mode, so I've never used it, but the only one I've heard of is the $5 Vibe And Ring**
    • Reading PDF tx and WDS files: There are a lot out there, but I've not tried them yet. Perhaps someone else is more quaified to answer this one?
    • A Shazam(iphone) like Program: I only know of one. AT&T's MusicID is made by Shazam, but it's not free - info | no download link because it's already on your phone if you have AT&T.
    • Unzip rar and zip files: BBFileScout - free (donation suggested), and it kicks the @$$ of paid programs like File Manager Pro and Aerize Explorer. I don't think it handles rar files, but it does a great job with zip files and it's a great file manager to boot.
    • Full Screen Picture ID: Not sure what you mean... Caller ID with pics full screen? Check out this thread. There's also Vringo, which integrates video and facebook, but it's another I've not tried.

* this is a link to the latest Alpha version. I am running 0.84 with no issues but of course your mileage may vary. If you don't like the alpha, try one of the 0.83 releases from the info link, or check out my 2nd favorite weather app: WeatherEye - info | OTA download

** sorry, don't know if there's an OTA from this one. I suspect since there's no trial, you'll have to buy it from your PC and then look for a download link.

Hope this helps a bit!
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 03-16-09 at 01:33 AM.
    03-16-09 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD