Is there a tutorial around for Apps? I only want those that don't use data, as I don't want a data plan. They would have to be self contained on the phone.
    I saw I can sideways get Docs to Go, which should be phone only. But how do you install apps? Do you hotsync from the computer like a PDA? I'd love to find a planetarium program, but didn't see any.
    Thanks,
    Zuben
    05-01-10 08:22 AM
    If you have a PC with internet access, the process is similar to Hotsyncing. You download apps to your PC, then use the App Loader to install them on the BlackBerry. The CrackBerry Store and Handango.com are two good sources for programs. It may be hard to tell from reading the description whether or not the app uses data.
    05-01-10 08:53 AM
    Thanks - I was thinking that if the app didn't use data on a PDA, then it shouldn't need it on the BB.
    Z
    05-03-10 08:23 AM
    Thanks - I was thinking that if the app didn't use data on a PDA, then it shouldn't need it on the BB.
    Z
    That might be a reasonable assumption, but just because a BlackBerry app is installed by the DM App Loader doesn't mean it won't use data. It may just be an app that doesn't have an OTA install. BBMaps is a good example. It's not available for OTA installation, and it won't work without a data connection.
    05-03-10 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD