Hey everyone, first, if I have this posted in the wrong place, please let me know. I am posting it here because I genuinely appreciate all the people who have a different skill set than mine who develop and offer apps for no cost (or low cost). These people are very talented, and very generous. The latest person to blow me away was GeeNeeUs, who developed Mycart, then spent tons of time tailoring it to people's requests. He did all this for free...and inspired me to try to start something on the CB forums.

Here's the idea: not all of us are developers, but we do appreciate all they've done. Almost all of us have SOMETHING we can offer to people here (in the same spirit as the developers who have made free applications).

So let's start posting some stuff.

Here's mine. I play in a band called OneStarCity. No, it's not some crappy garage band. We tour, we sell merch and CDs, we're on an upcoming soundtrack, blahblahblah. Here is a link for you to download the latest CD (Lion Fights in the Streets of Hollywood) for free. Yep, the whole thing. If you like it, you can thank GeeNeeUs. If you don't, blame him. Cause this sudden urge to be generous came over me when I read his thread offering mycart for free.

Here's the link: OneStarCity-Lion Fights in the Streets of Hollywood.zip
    07-10-09 01:23 PM
    That's a very nice gesture. Best of luck to you and your band!...and to GeeNeeUs, of course
    07-10-09 01:53 PM
    Just downloaded the album and listening to it now!

Absolutely loving it soo far!

This is definitely gona be my next most listened to album on my iPod
    07-10-09 02:04 PM
    Glad you like it dude! ...and since we haven't had any kind of communication before (even though you were the reason I posted)...Hey! Nice to meet you! I've got your app on my phone now, and I've already been putting stuff on the list that I've forgotten to buy the last couple of times I've went to the store. I think it's going to be a HUGE time/headache saver, so thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 02:20 PM
    Thank you for sharing this. I am putting it on my BB now.
    Great album...
    07-11-09 10:26 AM
    Glad you like it dude! ...and since we haven't had any kind of communication before (even though you were the reason I posted)...Hey! Nice to meet you! I've got your app on my phone now, and I've already been putting stuff on the list that I've forgotten to buy the last couple of times I've went to the store. I think it's going to be a HUGE time/headache saver, so thanks!

No problem! Happy to help make peoples life easier!

Hopefully the next update that I'm working on will be even more time saving!
    07-11-09 12:36 PM
    Hey bcbold, this is an awesome thread idea. I don't have anything to share but hopefully this bump will bring the thread to someone who does. And cheers to all the developers for the free/cheap apps!

07-11-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD