https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs.../15141?lang=en

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...t/8050?lang=en

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs.../16556?lang=en

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs.../16560?lang=en

This is all from the same company and the last two ONLY LOCK ONE APPLICATION and it's sold at the same price as the the AppLock.

Ajani InfoTech Private Limited is basically robbing people.
    12-27-10 10:53 AM
    Do they tell you what the app does? Yes.

It is not robbing people if they are outright telling you what they are doing, and what the product does for the price.

I like your program EveryLock, but come on, don't be one sided to the competition.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 01:00 PM
    I have to agree with Fubaz... They arn't ripping anyone off. They have the details of what you get when you buy the app.

Its up to consumers to take responsibilty and read the details before they buy. Or, would you prefer a "nanny state" type app world like Apple has where only things the high and mighty Steve Jobs who knows better than us lowly users can approve apps??

12-27-10 01:08 PM
    Ok, they aren't ripping people off. They are fooling people into buying apps that have ALOT less functionality for the same price of their main app. Also, AppLock Pro and AppLock do the same thing. Also, iLock fooled people but in a different way. iLock stated they where free since they released their app but the application was actually a trial application. Customers would download iLock only to find out a week later that they have to purchase the application. They did this so they could get a ton of reviews from customers before the customer found out it was really a trial version. As you can see on AppWorld now, it's not free anymore but .99 cents. There are tons of reviews on iLock-AppWorld that explain this happening to them.

I'm just informing people about what these two companies do. Yes, I made EveryLock but I never once tried to fool people. I never once lied to my customers. These two companies have.
    Last edited by shism2; 12-27-10 at 02:00 PM.
    12-27-10 01:54 PM
    Yea I agree it should state whether its a FREE free app or a free TRIAL. As other apps state this in appworld or mobihand. I understand trying to get your app out there and getting it recognized but not like this. I have been in the situation where I thought I was getting a FREE application from appworld. No where did it state trial nor was I informed during the first running of the app a week later I lose all functionality or most of it and I come to find out my trial is over.

Reading what the ap does has nothing to with finding out if its a trial. Iam savvy with appworld and mobihand. Yet I still had this happen to me. Now think of it if I was a new user on BB and had this happen to me. Quite discouraging right? Its just not fair to others that offer true free apps or app that's state "Trial".

12-27-10 02:17 PM
    I understand this isn't the way to get my app out there. I wasn't going to say anything but when I saw "AppLock Pro" that does exactly the same thing as "AppLock", that pissed me off. I just had to say something so people recognize that if they want to buy from that company..... DO NOT BUY those apps from them that only block one application. You should buy their main app. Because this could end up happening:

1. Customer buys an app from them that only blocks facebook for $.99 .
    2. Customer decides he wants to lock other apps
    3. Customer then has to pay another $.99 to buy AppLock.
    4. Customer could of just bought AppLock from the beginning.

Those are dirty tatics they are using.
    Last edited by shism2; 12-27-10 at 02:40 PM.
    12-27-10 02:26 PM
    Shism2 - perhaps you could be less aggressive in your posts, and even in your app description on App World. Sure, it's impressive that your app is superior to AppLock, but that doesn't mean you have to resort to putting down someone else's app in your own app description. It's very unprofessional.

That said, I did find this thread informative. I have been confused a couple of times (even though I had no intention of buying these locking apps) whenever I surfed App World and came across these apps which only lock BBM, or whatever. Reword your posts, rephrase your sentences and you might get a better response.
    12-28-10 01:58 AM
    Shism2 - perhaps you could be less aggressive in your posts, and even in your app description on App World. Sure, it's impressive that your app is superior to AppLock, but that doesn't mean you have to resort to putting down someone else's app in your own app description. It's very unprofessional.

That said, I did find this thread informative. I have been confused a couple of times (even though I had no intention of buying these locking apps) whenever I surfed App World and came across these apps which only lock BBM, or whatever. Reword your posts, rephrase your sentences and you might get a better response.
    I really got to agree with this post. First of all, I myself understand what you want to tell but the way you tell it is a little harsh

On the other side, I am really thankful of your post. I found it very informative and it works well that I will not fall into the same trap.

I find the apps (many companies out there) who actually giving free but if you read the description properly, some said it is free for a certain period. This really sux and you are right.

I myself experienced it before thought xyz app is free. Didn't know it was a trial version. Well is the company wrong? Yes for not saying free trial or free app. No as they have stated on the description in those small tiny places.

Is the consumer wrong? Yes they didn't read properly. No as they have the right to know the whole app before buying or download.

So, it is just depends on which angel we look into it. However, there are many people like this. So, don't let it spoil your day and enjoy the rest of your day mate~!

Thanks!
    12-28-10 04:44 AM
    Ok, they aren't ripping people off. They are fooling people into buying apps that have ALOT less functionality for the same price of their main app. Also, AppLock Pro and AppLock do the same thing. Also, iLock fooled people but in a different way. iLock stated they where free since they released their app but the application was actually a trial application. Customers would download iLock only to find out a week later that they have to purchase the application. They did this so they could get a ton of reviews from customers before the customer found out it was really a trial version. As you can see on AppWorld now, it's not free anymore but .99 cents. There are tons of reviews on iLock-AppWorld that explain this happening to them.

I'm just informing people about what these two companies do. Yes, I made EveryLock but I never once tried to fool people. I never once lied to my customers. These two companies have.
    This completely denigrates your credibility. Your OP starts off as if you are just a consumer (and even with that you were overstating the issue), but the fact that you are a competitor makes it seems like sour grapes and it it is you who are now resorting to "dirty tactics".
    12-28-10 05:59 AM
    I'm just a consumer and have said in earlier posts I don't want EveryLock. Now perhaps if you didn't put AppLock down so much, and instead focused on the positives of your app and what your app actually does, without resorting to other people, it makes the competition fairer and makes people make an informed decision. To me, it seems like you're a power-hungry person who just wants to make a cashload at the expense of other companies and using any trick in the book to do it. Please, grow some morals, and I may consider buying your app in the future.
    12-28-10 08:08 AM
    AppLock has always worked good for me. I keep it updated to the latest version. It works on all apps and folders as it is supposed to.
    12-28-10 09:39 AM
    Again, I don't understand why people are trying to protect these companies...... I just showed everyone these little tricks that their doing so the consumers don't fall into the trap. BUY the main version of AppLock and not the ones that only protect ONE app. How does that destroy my credibility ? I'm telling you to buy their main version and not their version that is basically a rip off. DO NOT Buy the ones that say that they protect only BBM or FaceBook, that's a dirty tactic. Buy their MAIN app.
    12-28-10 09:41 AM
    Again, I don't understand why people are trying to protect these companies......
    No one is trying to protect anyone. As I said to you in a previous thread it is helpful for you to disclose that you are the developer of a competing app (which you have done with the new user name).

Even so, you still come off as unethical by railing against the other apps in the unprofessional manner that you do. There are much better ways to compare and contrast your app to the other like kind apps but you seem to have chosen the worst possible way and I suspect that may hurt you more than your competition.
    12-28-10 10:01 AM
    It may hurt me but I'm going to let the consumers know not to buy those knock-offs they put up. If you decide you want to purchase from that company then buy AppLock and not ones that say that they only protect facebook or BBM. Remember everyone they have a main app called AppLock. DO NOT BE FOOLED INTO BUYING:

Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 12-28-10 at 10:22 AM.
    12-28-10 10:19 AM
    I'm just a consumer and have said in earlier posts I don't want EveryLock. Now perhaps if you didn't put AppLock down so much, and instead focused on the positives of your app and what your app actually does, without resorting to other people, it makes the competition fairer and makes people make an informed decision. To me, it seems like you're a power-hungry person who just wants to make a cashload at the expense of other companies and using any trick in the book to do it. Please, grow some morals, and I may consider buying your app in the future.
    Also, BUZZ OFF!. Stop following me to every thread.
    12-28-10 10:41 AM
    It may hurt me but I'm going to let the consumers know not to buy those knock-offs they put up. If you decide you want to purchase from that company then buy AppLock and not ones that say that they only protect facebook or BBM. Remember everyone they have a main app called AppLock. DO NOT BE FOOLED INTO BUYING:
    Again, your credibility is shot.

And now I will NEVER purchase an app from you.

And just so you know, I'm not in favor of those others, but your tactics are worse.
    12-28-10 11:21 AM
    Again, I don't care what you say.

THE CONSUMERS SHOULD BE PROTECTED AGAINST THESE TRICKS!

Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 12-28-10 at 12:00 PM.
    12-28-10 11:35 AM
    Couple things (entirely my opinion):
    1. Everylock does offer better protection, at least from more advanced users. In my experience, it also was better on battery. However, without using RIMs device password, these apps can be easily uninstalled via desktop.
    2. EveryAppMobile needs to calm down - the best way to sell your app is to talk about why it's good, not about why other apps/devs suck. Bashing does not, imo, reduce your credibility; but it doesn't make you look like a respectable person.
    3. Refusing to buy a superior product because the developer bashes competitors is silly.
    Again, my opinions. Feel free to disagree with me.

12-28-10 12:30 PM

I suggest you calm down or you will never sell an application on this site, that I can promise you. As far as your 'Stop following me' comment is concerned, I'm the last person you want on this site following you. Now chill...
    12-28-10 12:38 PM
    We'll see about that....

I AM ADVERTISING MY PRODUCT BUT PROTECTING CONSUMERS FROM WASTING THEIR MONEY

Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 12-28-10 at 12:46 PM.
    12-28-10 12:42 PM
    ok i get it, your trying to get your name out there but you are doing it in the wrong way.

devs like bellshare, shao soft, epic apps, and countless others made their names by making better products and not bashing other devs.

all you are doing it bringing attention to the other dev and helping them in the long run because now people see how you are doing things and you are turning away future customers.
    12-28-10 12:43 PM
    [QUOTE=EveryApp Mobile;5901941]We'll see about that....

Yes we will...
    12-28-10 12:43 PM

It may hurt me but I'm going to let the consumers know not to buy those knock-offs they put up. If you decide you want to purchase from that company then BUY AppLock and not ones that say that they only protect facebook or BBM. Remember everyone they have a main app called AppLock. DO NOT BE FOOLED INTO BUYING:

I AM NOT ADVERTISING MY PRODUCT BUT PROTECTING CONSUMERS FROM WASTING THEIR MONEY. IF ANYONE IS AGAINST THAT THEN YOU ARE HURTING CONSUMERS.

I AM WARNING CONSUMERS ABOUT WHAT GOES ON IN APPWORLD. IF I LOSE CUSTOMERS THEN SO BE IT.
    Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 12-28-10 at 12:51 PM.
    12-28-10 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD