And help retrieve them if needed to re-install after OS upgrade or after move to a new device.

Does such an application exist?

TIA
    12-27-09 11:15 AM
    I don't know of such an app, but saving your activation codes off your BlackBerry is a very good idea. When I get codes by email, I mail them to another PC email address to keep them safe and available in the event of a BlackBerry crash.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 11:28 AM
    You would need to create such a backup system yourself and manually. As JeffH, I have created a Memo file with OTA addresses for many of my apps and added the activation codes. I also have purchased DataVault and use that to store App info, including the ota address, the email I used for purchasing (unorganized, I've used different addresses!), the codes, the url for the company/programmer.

You can use BBSAK to copy the actual COD file(s) that comprise and application. BBSAK can also create jad files and the jad together with the appropriate cod files can be stored on your sd card. Using MediaPlayer's EXPLORE function, you can find/highlight a jad file and it will install like an OTA installation.
    12-27-09 11:36 AM
    Almann,
    I use "Capture It" app to take picture and store it in photo file on SD card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 11:44 AM
    You would need to create such a backup system yourself and manually. As JeffH, I have created a Memo file with OTA addresses for many of my apps and added the activation codes. I also have purchased DataVault and use that to store App info, including the ota address, the email I used for purchasing (unorganized, I've used different addresses!), the codes, the url for the company/programmer.

You can use BBSAK to copy the actual COD file(s) that comprise and application. BBSAK can also create jad files and the jad together with the appropriate cod files can be stored on your sd card. Using MediaPlayer's EXPLORE function, you can find/highlight a jad file and it will install like an OTA installation.
    BBSAK seems to be useful. I will try to get a OTA link for bbsak/
    12-27-09 11:53 AM
    I just created a file in Docs to go with all my access codes. Then when I need them, I just copy and paste them. Works well for me.
    12-27-09 12:40 PM
    BBSAK seems to be useful. I will try to get a OTA link for bbsak/
    Sorry, but bbsak is a desktop computer program. You hook your bb to the computer using usb cable and then run the program. It then creates folders in its folder of either backups or dumps or individual cod folders. That's why I mentioned MANUALLY. You can save the cod(s) files to your computer first, then create the series of jad files and then move sets to your sd card. It is not as simple as a one stop operation.

You might investigate aerize cardloader or something similarly named. I have not really investigated but it may so something similar.
    12-27-09 01:18 PM
    Sorry, but bbsak is a desktop computer program. You hook your bb to the computer using usb cable and then run the program. It then creates folders in its folder of either backups or dumps or individual cod folders. That's why I mentioned MANUALLY. You can save the cod(s) files to your computer first, then create the series of jad files and then move sets to your sd card. It is not as simple as a one stop operation.

You might investigate aerize cardloader or something similarly named. I have not really investigated but it may so something similar.
    Thanks, I opened up on my laptop and figured it out. Basically a better desktop manager. Used it for screen capture and backed up everything into a folder.
    And made a quicknote file for all the serial number separately.
    It would be nice to have BBSAK backup data from device and media card as well and have a file drag and drop interface like FTP programs.
    12-27-09 01:30 PM
    mobihand.com takes care of all my app keys hehe
    12-27-09 09:44 PM
    I use a program called ewallet that syncs with the desktop.
    It keeps a password protected file with all your info on the memory card.
    If your device is wiped, then you can just dl the program from their site and open up the file and copy and paste....
    12-27-09 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD