I'm sure you are not all in the habit of poring over every single word of RIM's investor calls, like this Q1 transcript. So I suspect not many of you noticed this little detail about the upcoming App World 2.0 release:

App World 2.0 users will also enjoy more functionality in the App World website, enabling them to create an App World account, purchase content from the store, and sync content with their BlackBerry SmartPhone by a side-loaded connection.

If I read this right, this means you can open an App World account, browse, buy and sync apps to your BlackBerry without ever installing their App World application. All you need is your browser and (presumably) Desktop Manager. How does that sound? Me, I've always preferred browsing for apps on my PC's big screen than on the phone, whether it be App World or MobiHand's App Store.
    06-29-10 09:56 PM
    That's how the beta zone does it. It'll be nice if app world has that feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 12:13 AM
    This is a much needed feature that I figured would have already been implemented, but oh well at least things to be swiftly moving in the right direction.
    06-30-10 12:16 AM
    mebbe i can finally get that one app i've been wanting but only is available on appworld which i refuse to load on my berry
    06-30-10 07:16 AM
    'Bout time they caught up with the rest of the universe.
    06-30-10 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD