Ok, so I just got a wild hair to see if a few of my fave apps that were not showing up in app world would install via the https://appworld.blackberry.com address. Ive got most of my apps back up and going and was wanting to see if anyone else had found this out. So far the ones Im using that arent in the Berry version of app world successfully installed via the web based one are:

TuneIn Radio
    Quickpull
    Amazon MP3
    08-26-11 01:12 PM
    Ok, so I just got a wild hair to see if a few of my fave apps that were not showing up in app world would install via the https://appworld.blackberry.com address. Ive got most of my apps back up and going and was wanting to see if anyone else had found this out. So far the ones Im using that arent in the Berry version of app world successfully installed via the web based one are:

OMG I'm headed there now to try this out!!!
    TuneIn Radio
    Quickpull
    Amazon MP3
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-26-11 01:18 PM
    Just tried amazon mp3 app only options I have ae review, recomend, and screenshots. No download button are u going through the bb browser or desktop???

08-26-11 01:27 PM
    He's talking about going through a computer browser, I think.

I'll have to check it out. App World on my 9810 updated itself today with a bunch of apps it wouldn't let me get yesterday. I'm going to go search for some others and report if they work.
    08-26-11 01:32 PM
    I just updated my app world manualy to the newest release and out of my previous 55 unavailable apps are now down to 43 amazon mp3 was one of them. Going to see what the remaining 11 are.

Ok update got quickpull, photobucket, and myATT.
    Main ones I want that are still unavailable are myATT mark the spot, bank of america, bbm battleship, BlackBerry wallet, getglu, iheart radio, pandora, pattern lock, paypal. The rest I can do w/o.

Last edited by curvezzz; 08-26-11 at 02:22 PM.
    08-26-11 02:06 PM
    I just updated my app world manualy to the newest release and out of my previous 55 unavailable apps are now down to 43 amazon mp3 was one of them. Going to see what the remaining 11 are.

Main ones I want that are still unavailable are myATT mark the spot, bank of america, bbm battleship, BlackBerry wallet, getglu, iheart radio, pandora, pattern lock, paypal. The rest I can do w/o.

Ummmm the myAtt "app" launches the mobile site, not an app like on the 9800 :/

08-26-11 02:32 PM
    Yeah I was talking about going through the web browser on the computer.
    08-26-11 02:46 PM
    Just tried amazon mp3 app only options I have ae review, recomend, and screenshots. No download button are u going through the bb browser or desktop???

Going through the web browser on the computer, like IE, FireFox, Chrome.
    08-26-11 02:48 PM
    Yeah I was talking about going through the web browser on the computer.
    You are going through your BB web browser on the computer???
    08-26-11 02:49 PM

How do you update app world manually to the newest release?
    08-26-11 02:50 PM
    You are going through your BB web browser on the computer???
    There is a web based version of app world that you can load in firefox or IE or chrome.
    08-26-11 02:53 PM
    There is a web based version of app world that you can load in firefox or IE or chrome.
    Oh, I know. I have downloaded apps that way, but I have not found apps that are available there that are on my unavailable list in the app world/my world.
    08-26-11 02:56 PM
    Oh, I know. I have downloaded apps that way, but I have not found apps that are available there that are on my unavailable list in the app world/my world.
    IDK why, but for some reason the few names plus about 3 more were on there and not on my phone. *shrugs*
    08-26-11 03:00 PM
    How do you update app world manually to the newest release?
    I went to the link the original poster refrenced and clicked on download app world. My version was 2.1.3.19 or something other and the update was 2.1.4 after the reboot 12 more apps where "uninstalled" knocking my 55 unavailable down to 43

08-26-11 03:14 PM
    I went to the link the original poster refrenced and clicked on download app world. My version was 2.1.3.19 or something other and the update was 2.1.4 after the reboot 12 more apps where "uninstalled" knocking my 55 unavailable down to 43

Okay. I just did that. My Torch is rebooting right now, even as I post.
    08-26-11 03:21 PM

Just did it. It did not make Amazon MP3 available. SIGH
    08-26-11 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD