Okay, my question is actually two-fold.

The first part is, if I install an application via either App World or the Crackberry App store, will I be notified if there is an update to the applications somehow? My biggest pet peeve so far has been having to continually re-download apps OTA to see if they have been updated.

The second part of my question is this, if I pay for an app in app world or the Crackberry App store, and I have to get a registration key that is registered to my pin, if I uninstall the app, (or wipe/update/reinstall my OS) will I be able to use that same registration key since I have the same pin? Or will I be SOL and have to re-purchase?

Thanks in advance.
    04-13-09 07:04 PM
    Okay, my question is actually two-fold.

The first part is, if I install an application via either App World or the Crackberry App store, will I be notified if there is an update to the applications somehow? My biggest pet peeve so far has been having to continually re-download apps OTA to see if they have been updated.
    If you download and install an app from app world there will be a notification in the My World section that there is an update. You will get the following.

The second part of my question is this, if I pay for an app in app world or the Crackberry App store, and I have to get a registration key that is registered to my pin, if I uninstall the app, (or wipe/update/reinstall my OS) will I be able to use that same registration key since I have the same pin? Or will I be SOL and have to re-purchase?

Thanks in advance.
    If you buy an app from app world, you will always be able to download and install it from the My World section. When you buy an app it will give you a registration code that you may need to type in again after reinstalling. I haven't tested reinstalling an app and don't know if it will give you the code again. For the CB app store it is the same way. You can log into your account from the BB and download the app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ArmaK; 04-13-09 at 08:10 PM.
    04-13-09 08:07 PM
    Thanks for your help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 07:11 AM
    that helped me out as well, thanks
    09-17-09 05:42 PM
    Yes you will be notified
    09-17-09 05:55 PM
    thanks, didn't know you could find updates in my world. awesome.
    09-17-09 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD