I've recently purchased a blackberry torch and I do admit I'm a total noob when it comes to blackberries so bare with me considering this is my first one.

Just recently, there was this notification stating that I have to upgrade the App World. So I went with it thinking nothing bad will happen.

I clicked on the App World, and this pop up came up saying "You are currently on a service plan that requires a Wi-Fi connection to use this application. If you want to use this application outside of Wi-Fi, please contract your service provider to upgrade your plan"

I find it odd, before I didn't even had to use Wi-Fi. I opened it using my Mobile Network.

Help?
    02-18-11 08:58 PM
    I would try resending the service books to your phone. Since you are new to bb's, its probably just easiest to call your carrier and have them do it. The service books will basically re-program your phone's data plan and configure internet, mail, etc.

If you want to give it a try, go to your email settings (under setup), click the blackberry button (to the left of the trackpad) and choose "service books". That's all from memory, so it might be a little different getting there, but its pretty simple.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by brendonlee; 02-18-11 at 09:12 PM.
    02-18-11 09:10 PM
    I would try resending the service books to your phone. Since you are new to bb's, its probably just easiest to call your carrier and have them do it. The service books will basically re-program your phone's data plan and configure internet, mail, etc.

If you want to give it a try, go to your email settings (under setup), click the blackberry button (to the left of the trackpad) and choose "service books". That's all from memory, so it might be a little different getting there, but its pretty simple.

Thanks I manage to follow the directions in sending the service books to my email but for some reason I didn't received anything :S

ahh my phone is definitely messed up at the moment.

Is it possible to somehow downgrade the app world when it was working?
    02-18-11 09:20 PM
    Have you tried deleting and reinstalling it? Or if its causing so many problems, deleting it, rebooting and see if your phone responds better?

02-18-11 09:33 PM
    I've highlighted the App World, pressed the blackberry key, and for some reason it doesn't have the delete command :S and yes I've rebooted the torch and didn't really do much. I think the whole update kinda screwed things up.
    02-18-11 10:10 PM
    Try going to Options..device..application management and deleting it there. You can also use the desktop manager to add/remove apps.

02-18-11 10:13 PM
    oh alrite, I found it. So if i were to delete this applications. how am i able to reinstall it again? possibly thinking to install a downgrade version before i upgraded it. Keep in mind i don't have the browsing plan im guessing i have to connect my blackberry to my computer and do it that way.
    Last edited by chris.bergantinos; 02-18-11 at 10:33 PM.
    02-18-11 10:31 PM
    You can reinstall from the device or using desktop manager on your pc. Go here: BlackBerry - Download BlackBerry App World

02-18-11 10:36 PM
    okay thanks alot!

uhm last question before i delete and reinstall. If i were to do that, will it delete the files i've downloaded using app world?
    02-18-11 10:43 PM
    No problem!
    When you downloaded the apps, it should have required you to create a blackberry ID. That way if you have to reinstall or even switch to a new device, you just log in with the same blackberry ID and all the apps you've ever downloaded or purchased are available to reinstall. The ID is typically your email address. Older versions of appworld required paypal credentials, but I think that was before the blackberry torch, so you should have an ID

As for will it delete all apps already installed, no, not unless you manually delete them as well - which as I mentioned above, reinstallation is simple.

chris.bergantinos likes this.
    02-18-11 10:48 PM
    This is what I did I deleted it. Then launched apploader and using the official firmware form your service provider which should still be 6.0.0.246. Loaded the appworld from that package. It'll get you back to an earlier version so that you don't require wi-fi or data to go in a d/l apps. By doing this, it should not affect your other programs as you are not touching them in anyway.
    chris.bergantinos likes this.
    02-18-11 11:04 PM
    Okay thanks alot once again
    il give it a try. hopefully it won't get the "your currently on a plan that requires..." pop up.

Thanks!
    02-18-11 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD