So today I got a new Curve 8520, and I downloaded BlackBerry App World-

When I went to go purchase the Sims 3, I entered all my PayPal information- and was met with a message saying that I have exceeded my limit of Pins for my PayPal account, and to please contact BlackBerry.

Any one else encounter this?

Is this RIMs way of telling me I have far to many BlackBerry's for my own good?

/RAWR!!!
    08-21-09 12:09 PM
    Interesting, two PIN numbers is one too many.

I would guess, that message is comming from PayPal, part of their security untill they gain more experience is dealing with App World.

And... No, you can never have too many BlackBerrys.
    08-21-09 12:15 PM
    There is no such thing as too many Blackberrys!
    08-21-09 12:16 PM
    ^^^ Ditto
    I just wish the CB app store could have paypal on the device
    Last edited by b1time; 08-21-09 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Edit
    08-21-09 01:24 PM
    That's interesting... let me know how you go about overcoming this? Did you try calling RIM?
    08-21-09 01:26 PM
    No, To be honest I don't care enough about App World to go through the Hassle.

I berry hop as often as I change my underwear-

Might as well wait 'til I'm using one of my Berry's that can use my PayPal address.

I was just going to DL the Sims 3 since it just became available, and noticed that I couldn't because of the PayPal issue.

Oh well...
    08-21-09 01:47 PM
    Whoa I never knew it was limited to 2 pins.. How ****ty is that. I was planning on buying the 8900 and if I didn't like it then the storm 2 when its released. Meh oh well.. There is always crackberry app store which is 1335852x better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 02:31 PM
    Does anyone know if this has this been fixed yet?
    10-19-09 01:44 PM
    Does anyone know if this has this been fixed yet?
    have you contacted blackberry (RIM) yet as you were originally asked to?

and did you only use 2 different pins? with 9000/9530/8900 and now an 8520 it sounds like you've submitted more than 2.
    it seems appworld just uses this as a security measure so that users don't abuse the system to load up tons of devices with free apps.
    mobihand does this as well. they allow you to change your pin once but on the second and further pin changes, the changes must be reviewed by an employee to verify the validity.

so, what did RIM tell you?
    Last edited by derande; 10-19-09 at 03:36 PM.
    10-19-09 03:28 PM
    No, as I said above I never did-

Not out of laziness, but because I berry hop a lot, and it wouldn't be that practical.

I just wondered if anyone else had to go through this.

Wouldn't make much sense for this to be put in place by RIM-

Let's say I exchanged 3 storms, and each time I installed app world on each storm.

Does that mean I have to go through this hassle because of paypal?
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 10-20-09 at 11:31 AM.
    10-20-09 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD