Hi guys and girls,

I am new to the BB world and to the forum.

So on Thursday 23 June I got my first BB a BOLD 9780. My wife has the CURVE 8520 for quite some time so she set up all my accounts for e-mail, BBM etc... But my App World refuses to work, I have uninstalled and re-installed it numerous times, but to no avail. It keeps on telling me that my password and email accound could not be verified, does anyone know how to solve this problem? I have tried searching the web as well as this forum for an answer but I cannot find any joy!

P.S. My service provider (Vodacom SA) cannot give me a answer either.

Any help would be appriciated.
    Wouter from South Africa

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-11 11:47 AM
    If this is your first BlackBerry, you need to actually set up a BlackBerry ID. The first time you open App World, it probably inserted your email and then you try to input your password. It won't work because you haven't set up an ID yet. Give that a try.

06-25-11 12:07 PM
    If this is your first BlackBerry, you need to actually set up a BlackBerry ID. The first time you open App World, it probably inserted your email and then you try to input your password. It won't work because you haven't set up an ID yet. Give that a try.

I do have a I'd but it seems like it cannot see it? I can see all the apps but when I need to sign in it says cannot verify email and password. All my others stuff works? Am I missing a setting or something?

06-25-11 12:21 PM
    If you already did set up an ID then that's all you need to do. Maybe your password is incorrect? Make sure you're typing in numbers correctly by pressing the "alt" key.

06-25-11 01:05 PM
    I uninstalled an re-installed it again, now it says a problem has occurred, please try again later, my brother-in-law has the same problem. I am considering it strongly to give the BB back ang get a iPhone 4 instead.

06-25-11 01:09 PM
    How about registering for a new BlackBerry ID? Do that from your Bold this time. See whether that solves the problem.

06-25-11 08:12 PM
    [QUOTEHow about registering for a new BlackBerry ID? Do that from your Bold this time. See whether that solves the problem.
    [/QUOTE]

That did the trick, thank you I did not think of doing that. Now I just have one last question, can I delete or remove my old I'd from the BB network?

06-27-11 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD