Hi,
    On my 9900 when I try to download or go to my world through appworld it gives me the 'please wait' message and freezes. Anybody got this problem also? Any help? I tried uninstalling then reinstall but same problem!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 02:36 AM
    Hi,
    On my 9900 when I try to download or go to my world through appworld it gives me the 'please wait' message and freezes. Anybody got this problem also? Any help? I tried uninstalling then reinstall but same problem!

Did you switch devices from an OS6 Blackberry?
    08-15-11 03:08 AM
    Did you switch devices from an OS6 Blackberry?
    Yeah I had the bb 99780 before.

08-15-11 03:35 AM
    I definitely have the same issues. I switched from the 9630 so an OS5 device. I also lost my bbm and had to reload it through appworld through my laptop. I was on with telus tech support for over an hour. I even security wiped the device which apparently works. Didn't for me. Its still not working and the rep said about the only thing you can do now is wait for an OS update that will fix the glitch.
    08-15-11 06:06 AM
    make sure ur old device is off
    load a new os (I loaded the Vodaphone one)

I loaded it after having the same issues with Telus on .261
    When it boots it'll ask you for your BBID, and then when you go into appworld, it'll ask you if you want to switch PINs to your new device.
    08-15-11 06:27 AM
    Had the same problem. I loaded the .296 OS and it worked after. I'm guessing the device switch on Blackberry desktop brought over something from OS6 that OS7 didn't like.
    08-15-11 09:17 AM
    agreed..what I think the issue is

when you bring over all databases from OS6 it corrupts the Blackberry ID database that OS7 uses for everything and then you are dead.

Do a wipe, load down the new OS. Let it do its basic setup, log into appworld, etc. and get your apps downloaded.

Then do a selective restore just what you need..messages, wlan, memos, sounds etc. leave out any options, etc.

That should keep it clean and working. It is a real pain and a miss by RIM that there is a big OS6-OS7 bug but that is how I fixed it
    08-15-11 09:28 AM
    I wiped with BBSAK and then reloaded the OS and only uploaded the apps which I knew were compatible. Not much dun and quite time-consuming, but it did the trick. Best of luck!
    08-15-11 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD