App World not "Refreshing" my apps?!?
I usually refresh my App World every morning to check for updated apps. I go to My World and type in rst. Then I reopen App World and my apps are all refreshed within a minute or two.....until this morning. Keep getting the error "An error occurred while updating your application list".
Anybody else experiencing this or have a solution/fix for me?
- 11-15-12, 10:26 AM #4
I just went and tested mine and it refreshes just fine. I use the menu key & select Refresh from the list. I do know I got a request to update BBID software on my 9930 a few days ago & I downloaded & did a reboot. Don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Sorry you're struggling.
- 11-15-12, 10:59 AM #5
Try doing a manual refresh, i.e. Alt-RST. What happens then?
You guys are on two separate carriers (albeit both CDMA, but that's most likely inconsequential) and on two different ends of the country. So I guess we can rule out carrier or geographic area outage.
- 11-17-12, 02:35 PM #9
App World not "Refreshing" my apps?!?
- 11-18-12, 11:53 PM #10
I am also having the same issue, unable to refresh "My World." Since Wednesday (it's Sunday now). I am using 220.127.116.116, BB App World 18.104.22.168. I tried it on a fresh OS install (security wipe, device wipe with BBSAK, fresh install of OS with BB Desktop Software), and ONLY installed app world, and it wouldn't work. I rewiped/installed the OS and tried it again, only this time I installed BBM 7 first (which pushes through a BBID software upgrade), and then BB App World 22.214.171.124, and it still doesn't work.
I've tried a few other things to trouble shoot:
1. Search in app world for a free app that I had previously installed. It re-installs without a hitch.
2. Search in app world for a paid app that I had previously installed. It either
a) re-installs without a hitch (but won't give me an unlock code popup)
b) gives me an "Incorrect price (Error code: 35005)" error popup
3. Search in app world for a paid app that I had not previously installed. It allows me to get as far as the "click here to buy" screen where you select payment method (but I didn't continue because I didn't want to buy another app).
What I haven't tried yet, is to install apps via USB and BlackBerry App World plugin. I am able to login with BBID to Beta Zone, and into App World. I am able to see "My world" in the website version of App World, and it shows all my apps. Tomorrow I'll try installing via USB and the App World plugin. If it works, then great, it's a workaround, but it really is a pain that App World on my BlackBerry 9900 is busted.
- 11-19-12, 10:11 AM #11
Happened to me also on last App World update. My World on phone did same thing. On line messed up as well showing had lots of uninstalled apps and only a few installed. Used menu key to refresh each installed and uninstalled on phone. Looks ok now. Good luck.
- CrackBerry User
11-21-12, 08:41 AM #12
- 11 Posts
Got a request to again update BB Id lastnight but after restart still same result no refresh on "my world" am still get communication error has anybody found a solution, I redownloaded my apps both free and paid but those also show nothing???
- 11-21-12, 01:49 PM #14
I have a trouble ticket ongoing with RIM right now. If you are having this issue, please PM me your BBID if you want, and I'll send that on to the RIM technician who is working on it. The more broken accounts she can look at the better as she tries to figure out what is going on.
- 11-21-12, 09:17 PM #15
- 11-22-12, 11:32 AM #18
I will submit everybody's BBID information to them today.
- 11-22-12, 05:40 PM #19
Okay, I submitted all the BBID information I received to RIM tech support. Thanks for writing me with your information. The more people who report this issue, the more weight it will have internally at RIM.
The last word was that "they are still investigating the issue". I'll post more when I learn more.
- 11-22-12, 06:41 PM #22
1. I tried a different BBID that I made up, and it works just fine (can add/delete apps, and they show up properly in the "uninstalled tab"
2. On my main (broken) BBID, search for a paid app that I purchased previously, and
a) some of them install, but won't give me the unlock code or show up in "uninstalled tab"
b) some of them throw an error 35005 and won't install at all
- 11-22-12, 06:43 PM #23
- 11-22-12, 07:21 PM #24
- 11-22-12, 07:50 PM #25
- By theMehi in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 13Last Post: 06-19-10, 08:44 PM
- By amrk47 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 03-27-10, 12:47 PM
- By bushako in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 02-20-10, 04:43 PM
- By Azothyran in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 11-14-09, 09:36 PM
- By SimTay in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 10-19-09, 03:36 AM