03-19-10 12:01 PM
- Wonder if anyone else has seen this problem? Trying to move Mycast Weather to 9550 from 8900. According to Blackberry here is the procedure for what should happen:
User switches to a new BlackBerry:
If the user downloads App World to the new device and logs in under their current PayPal account, you can reinstall each item individually. Once installed, the status changes to 'Installed'. If the user had free/trial items on the previous device, they'll have to redownload them again.
(Downloaded App World to 9550, Version, 18.104.22.168, logged into PayPal under MyWorld, says MyCast OK for 9550 so
then installed MyCast Weather. In fact tried it several times. Deleted, Archived, Reinstalled, etc.
Will not take License Code. See Below.)
If the status of an item appears as "Unavailable for this device", the item is not compatible with this model of BlackBerry. If it becomes available for this device later, the status will change to "Uninstalled" and it can then be re-installed.
The License Key will be different for the new device because the PIN on the device is different. The new key can be found in App World by choosing My-Cast Weather from the My World tab.
(Here is my problem!!!!! The license key is not being generated for the new device - keep getting the same license code as for the 8900.
Maybe a problem with App World and Os Ver 5.0 on 9550. I don't know but stuck for now until I can get a new license code based on the new PIN.)
The guy from Garmin advises a opening a trouble ticket with Blackberry.com. Guess we all know how long that will take to get resolved!!!! Guess my $20 for Mycast didn't buy a whole lot of customer service since it must have been too hard for them (Garmin) to generate a new license code based on my new PIN.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com11-02-09 03:31 PM
- Same issue with vlingo .. Even tried to re purchase and I just get an error message id 3300 .. I think it has to do with app world not updating the device pin .. I was getting help through the customer support for a different app and they said the activation code/ license key is from my previous device's pin..11-28-09 10:07 PM
- Me too. Some worked flawlessly, but several told me my activation code was invalid (after changing device and PIN). Bugger. So, no Yahtzee for now, among others. And some I've purchased still don't work with the new OS on S1 or S2 (beyond 160...and I LOVED that one). Man. And I'm still working on drivesafe.ly; I paid $13.95 for that one.
As an aside, I've heard people say that they went to the Droid because they could customize it more. Jeesh. I've spent the last three hours customizing my Storm 2. I had forgotten all of the little tweaks I've done over the last year on my S1 to make it my own.11-28-09 10:36 PM
- This has nothing to do with RIM. RIM and AppWorld do NOT regenerate codes. This is up to the developer to handle. You must email the developer your self and they will either reset your code, or give you a new one for your device. Once they do, make a note of it somewhere so if you need to reinstall again you can.
I had this issue, talked to RIM, found this out. Up to the app developer to handle this.11-29-09 12:58 AM
- the problem with dealing with the developers is that often they wont issue a new license for a new device ... and even if you want it bad enough to pay again ... you cant .. using paypal to purchase the same product from app world will give you ERROR ID:3300 .. and tell you to contact App world support (good luck with that) ..12-01-09 02:33 PM
- Update on Drivesafe.ly: they did right by me. I emailed, and they did some jujitsu on their end and allowed me to reactivate on my S2 within 24 hours. It's worked flawlessly. Now, if I could get the rest to work. What I don't get is why they give you the option of changing PINS on app world if it doesn't really do anything. I know developers need to protect their intellectual property, but at the rate many of us turn our phones around, this is enough of hassle to give me pause on future app purchases.12-01-09 10:25 PM
- Having the same damn problem over here in the uk! Even if were willing to pay for the app AGAIN ( coz let's face it there are some apps one cannot live without. Mines BerryBuzz) you can't coz it comes up with the same damn code "error id 3300. Then let us pay using another option or just give us a new activation code. Naughty naughty RIM and the devlopers!!
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-21-10 09:11 PM
- I had so many issues with App World that I just gave up, bit the bullet and re purchased the Applications through Mobi Hand(CrackBerry) App Store. I have since then changed 2 devices and each time it's properly regenerated my Licence Codes and Activation; however, one App did Not re-generate and I had problems with this app in the past (SlickTasks). I may have to contact them once again,...
So maybe in the future until App World Shapes up, try Mobihands.01-21-10 10:12 PM
- I have the same problem right now with WeatherBug Elite and Ultimate Lock!
I really should use Mobihand for apps over App world...
But, I emailed WB, and I should be getting a new license key sometime soon(they replied saying they would email me a new one as soon as they could).
Still no reply from the people at Epic Apps though(for Ult. Lock).
I've ALSO emailed App world, and no reply after like 2 days at least....03-19-10 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD