Help, ever since they went to version 2 of APP World. I get the error message: "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World server. Verify your networkconnections and try again."

Well, I've been trying for weeks now. I can surf the net, receive and send e-mail, use Facebook, Ebay and PayPal, all without any problems.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling app world and still have the same problem. It verifies my password, takes me to and Account Information page and when I try to save the info I get the above error message.

This means that I can not longer buy or upgrade my apps. I'm on the road 5-6 days a week, so I really need this to work on my BB.

Oh, I'm using an unlocked Bold 9700 v.5.0.0.602 on AT&T.

Glenn...
    10-03-10 01:20 AM
    You should upgrade to 5.0.0.862 and see if that helps. It could be a bug with the current version affecting app world.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f151/fu...s-list-520499/ list of all the latest official OS's, go on that carrier's website, vodaphone, download the latest OS and install it on your computer, then, delete the vendor.xml file from C:\Documents and Settings\usernameyouhaveinwindows\Application Data\Research in Motion\Blackberry\ or in windows 7, C:\ProgramData\usernameyouhaveinwindows\Research in Motion\Blackberry\ and then launch Loader.exe in the same folder. It will backup, wipe, reload the newest OS and your device will be updated, it will reboot it, then it will restore the backed up apps and data. Try app world again once that's done and see if it helps.

*usernameinwindows refers to the name you chose when you installed windows on your machine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 01:43 AM
    Thanks, I'll try that, but it was the same with the version that I was using before 602.
    10-03-10 01:55 AM
    I'm still getting the same connection error, even after updating to 862.

Anyone else have any ideas? Like I said, this started happening after version 2 of App World.
    10-03-10 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD