the app world new message icon showed up the other day saying i had new updates, so i went and i installed it, but the icon wont go away, and it only shows up in my sms, what do i do?

it also says i have one new browser msg, that i cant find
    08-18-09 12:51 PM
    So I had this problem too. I see the notification and go into app world, update, reboot and still see the icon. In frustration I deleted App world and re-installed it. That worked. Then today a few more updates came out for my other apps. Installed, reboot, saw the notifications still. So I did the whole delete/re-install routine. But, this time it didn't work.

SO i found this thread about how you get message notifications too. I scoured through my messages and I found them. Once I deleted the notifications the icon went away.

I should've read them so you guys know what to look for, but in excitement I deleted them right away. XD Where I personally found them was in the general messages folder. If people can post where they found their notifications too that could help others?

If you can't seem to find the message notifications, I'm not going to bash, so I guess the only way is to delete all notifications/msgs? I mean it's extreme, but hey atleast the notification will be gone right?
    08-19-09 07:55 AM
    Just to provide my $.02. I had the same problem as everyone else and found that a second reboot solved the problem for me as well.
    People seem to miss the fact that it's a second reboot that can clear the icon. It's worth noting because it's an easy thing to do before you go through the process of deleting and reinstalling App World (or even just searching for "hidden" messages).
    08-19-09 08:18 AM
    omg thank you so much... i was going crazy for weeks
    08-27-09 03:51 PM
    ...searched for "blackberry" - all such messages are open AND deleted...updated all apps that needed updating, rebooted, pulled battery out...still shows up.
    03-02-11 01:53 PM
    Throughout your main messages folder you will find this mail...its when a vendor that you've downloaded an app from in app world letting you know of another app they are releasing...I've mentioned this in other threads with screen shots of the process...once you open the mail in your main messages folder, it will take you to the app in app world, once you exit app world, if it is still there, you can delete it like any other message (if it didn't go away itself)...I had this happen numerous times from the same vendor, so I e-mailed the vendor requesting that they stop doing that as they did not have permission from me to send me notifications of new apps they release, also I don't know if RIM even allows them to have access to be able to message the people that download their apps with us giving them our info...hopefully I don't get anymore of these, but nonetheless, this is what it is.
    04-30-11 02:03 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD