The other day I noticed that I only have 17.5mb free out of the 256mb available on App World. I added up the 10 or so apps that I have on my phone, and they come to about 25mb. I then noticed that I have 35 uninstalled/archived apps, and if you add all of these up the 17.5mb free, is right.

I have searched the forums and found no real help. I found 1 thread that suggested the following: 1) Click re-install 2) Pause 3) Cancel Download. Well, that seemed to work. The apps disappeared from the uninstalled list, but the memory remains the same. After refreshing App World (alt; r; s; t), they come right back.

Can anyone please help, and give me a clue as to how to remove these apps, and free my memory permanently?

Thanks
    05-09-11 02:30 PM
    Can nobody help? Please!

I don't want to keep the apps I have deleted, and want their memory back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Locksheema; 05-10-11 at 11:51 PM.
    05-10-11 11:34 PM
    i think it is because your OS6 is taking up too much space, and less from deleted apps...... my friend has the same issue... i think the OS6 was more designed for the 9780, as it has more internal memory...

you could try looking for a hybrid OS, or a scaled down version of the OS, or downgrade to 5.xxx
    05-10-11 11:39 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion, however I'm talking about my actual App World memory.

05-11-11 01:58 AM
    You need to shrink the OS. I used BBBoss. I have about 80mb free.
    05-11-11 04:43 AM
    The app world memory is taken up not only by the apps themselves, but the information that the App might use AFTER installation. You could try to uninstall appworld then re-install it. This may clear out a lot of the "deleted" apps that are listed, along with any legacy info they might retain. Just like a lot of programs on your PC, uninstalling them may not always delete all data that it creates.
    05-11-11 08:22 AM
    I have the exact same problem I download apps and they calculate to about 10mb and my storage space is 256mb but it says I have used 112.5mb plus a whole list of uninstalled apps someone please help meeeeee no complicated language please im an idiotic novice thanks, also do u need data service or plan to run app world? thanks
    05-11-11 08:34 AM
    I have the exact same problem I download apps and they calculate to about 10mb and my storage space is 256mb but it says I have used 112.5mb plus a whole list of uninstalled apps someone please help meeeeee no complicated language please im an idiotic novice thanks, also do u need data service or plan to run app world? thanks
    Read the post direcrly before yours. Try that, let us know...

05-11-11 08:57 AM
    BTW- You should do a battery pull between the uninstall and re-install of Appworld.
    05-11-11 10:15 AM
    Don't know if this will help for Os6 or not. Go to App World. Login to Myworld. Hold alt while typing R S T. This is supposed to refresh the list. When it has done this it will close. Open it back up and check your memory. Good luck.

05-11-11 11:20 PM
    Yes, that refreshes your list of apps- both installed and uninstalled. It also will 'jump start' any update info for your installed apps (sometimes). It does NOT clear out the uninstalled items.
    05-12-11 09:15 AM
    The last time I R S T'ed I gained 3 mg. Dump saved mail, old texts, clear caches, phone logs get rid of some crap! Uninstalled items should not be taking up any memory in your bb. Go to your App list in the bb and do the math. Something really isn't adding up!

Last edited by albee 1; 05-12-11 at 10:01 AM.
    05-12-11 09:57 AM
    how should i delete uninstalled app frm my bb9700 wit os6?
    12-03-11 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD