This morning out of no where the app world launcher appeared on my home screen!

Its the launcher to the browser that let's you download app world!

And there's no record of it in my application listing so I can't even delete it.

Anyone else have this happen and how can I delete the launcher.

RIM = waskewy wabbits

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 07:10 AM
    Not RIM - it's probably your carrier who decided to push it to your device. You can hide it, you can delete the service book, but it will likely come back the next time your provider does a push. This is the third thread like this I've seen this morning :-)

05-08-09 07:29 AM
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

Didnt realize there were other threads. When I did a search, I guess I didnt search correctly to find them.

Thanks again!
    05-08-09 07:39 AM
    jb is right it may have been your provider
    and you can hide it or make a folder with icons that you normally use
    its like the facebook icon that appeared on some ppl phone
    05-08-09 07:42 AM
    thanks bx....

i got rid of the service book and its gone.....for now.

If Verizon pushed it to my phone, that sucks. What else do they put on my phone....Swine Flu? A picture of Donald Trumps Hair do? Where does it end!

If I want something on my phone, im perfectly capable of putting it there myself!

It's kinda like when my father would make me eat brussel sprouts. I didnt want them, but he made me eat them! Now, my carrier is forcing me to have app world in the middle of the night! God, its bringing back bad memories! lol..
    05-08-09 07:54 AM
    i understand clearly
    it's like if you dont use facebook but it appears on ya phone and you HAVE to hide it
    05-08-09 08:01 AM
    This morning out of no where the app world launcher appeared on my home screen!

Its the launcher to the browser that let's you download app world!

And there's no record of it in my application listing so I can't even delete it.

Anyone else have this happen and how can I delete the launcher.

RIM = waskewy wabbits

berryfit they got me as well early this morn around 1:00 AM.
    05-08-09 08:03 AM
    I feel so violated!

I dont even let my wife on my phone. Ok, if its an improved update to make my curve function better, like a late night 5.0 upgrade, then sure!

Next time maybe they'll put something useful on my phone, like, I don't know, a free month of service! Oh god, I just cracked myself up...If anything, they'd raise it.
    05-08-09 08:08 AM
    Yeah that 5.0 would be nice that's for sure.
    05-08-09 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD