I'm wondering if there is a way to hide icons within the My World portion of Blackberry App world? Is there also a way to delete icons for uninstalled applications within My World?

Regards,
    Jay
    11-03-09 08:05 AM
    go to my apps in app world and click delete
    11-03-09 08:42 AM
    your referreing how they still show if you delete on blackberry itself right?
    11-03-09 08:43 AM
    He means once he deletes them in My World, they still show there as Uninstalled with the app appearing a little faded.

First off, if you exit My World and re-enter, you'll see that any Uninstalled or Archived apps are now at the bottom of the list where they shouldn't bother you.
    My guess is that this a feature in case you want to go back easily and check for an upgraded version, or maybe just to remember which apps you've tried and disliked.

Now if it bothers you that much, go into App World, hold down ALT and type R+S+T. App World will likely freeze, then close. Re-open and you should find any Uninstalled apps are gone from My World.

The ALT+RST method also restores apps to My World after an OS upgrade or similar event that causes My World to be "emptied."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 11:55 AM
    Elite1 : thanks for the details that's pretty bang on with what i was talking about. I don't think i could have posted it any more straight forward than what I did. I will give your method a try. I was assuming the same things as well with icons remaining for caching purposes or like you mentioned to know what has been tried and possibly disliked..

regards,
    Jay
    11-03-09 08:43 PM
    My pleasure and welcome to CB!
    11-03-09 10:10 PM
    He means once he deletes them in My World, they still show there as Uninstalled with the app appearing a little faded.

First off, if you exit My World and re-enter, you'll see that any Uninstalled or Archived apps are now at the bottom of the list where they shouldn't bother you.
    My guess is that this a feature in case you want to go back easily and check for an upgraded version, or maybe just to remember which apps you've tried and disliked.

Now if it bothers you that much, go into App World, hold down ALT and type R+S+T. App World will likely freeze, then close. Re-open and you should find any Uninstalled apps are gone from My World.

The ALT+RST method also restores apps to My World after an OS upgrade or similar event that causes My World to be "emptied."

How do I do the ALT RST on my storm 2?
    01-19-10 10:21 AM
    There is a different key combo that works on Storms. I can't remember it off the top of my head. I'll look for it in a bit and post if nobody else has by then.

You can also go to the BB Technical Solutions Center at:
    BlackBerry Technical Solution Center

01-19-10 11:29 AM
    Ok i got it the alt key is the !?123 key then press 3 4 (
    01-19-10 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD