So I was looking around and noticed a topic in the Storm forums about App World being updated. The Release version is .26 and the new updated version is .27. I downloaded it and so far it works better. Still a little choppy and slow but it is a marked improvement over the .26 version. Just go to mobile.blackberry.com on your device and download it.

Also, regarding some of the Apps I have downloaded, some are very slow to launch. For example, I put WHERE on my phone and it literally took 5 minutes to get through the opening screen (happened all 3 times I tried to launch it) and I also get a repeating hour glass sometimes browsing through App World. Anyone having this problem or should I wipe my phone?

**I uninstalled WHERE and haven't had the problems and I also haven't had the hour glass problems so far with .27 version of App World.
    Last edited by caneshockey1433; 04-02-09 at 11:14 AM.
    04-02-09 11:05 AM
    its been doing that on my verizon curve too..i just uninstalled it. I'd rather not use it if its going to lag that much.
    04-02-09 11:28 AM
    Same here with the hour glass & when I tried to "get out of it" by hitting the BB key or back button my Curve 8330 locked up. My phone has never locked up. Decided that maybe more patience was needed from me regarding loading times.
    That's not going to be easy.....
    04-02-09 11:38 AM
    Many of the apps are not optimized for blackberries. Just ports from the iphone that aren't fully compatible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD