I'm not 100% sure I understand it all but it seems.

Rim is running the app world
    Digitalriver is running the stats
    Paypal is running the payment side of things
    Ha! Lot's of room for finger pointing if the process breaks down at some point...
    03-26-09 08:42 AM
    Why would they not make the App World available to all BlackBerry owners...the only thing i heard is that it will only be available for newer phones, i.e. bold, storm, etc. Most BES costumers are connected to an exchange server and have an IT department controlling their phones (thats how it works at the company I work for at least). Would it make sense to limit App World to them when I would think that the BIS users would benifit most? And why would every phone have an App Center already isntalled when RIM planned to upgrade it in the spring and make it a stand alone app that wasnt browser based.
    Yeah, this is why I don't think it makes sense either. BES phones are less likely to be permitted to use third party apps to begin with. Unless they just want to get you to pay an extra $15 a month for the honor of buying apps from them, but if that's the case carriers like Verizon would need to rename the data packages accordingly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 08:45 AM
    Ha! Lot's of room for finger pointing if the process breaks down at some point...
    exactly what I was thinking! Just as a side note...i hate paypal! It will be the death of me and app world!
    03-26-09 08:47 AM
    so I have a Bold, and was wondering how I will interact with App World... will we get an icon in our menu to access it? will we have to manually go on a BB site that will host app world? I have no idea what to expect as a Bold owner... How will we access the portal?
    03-26-09 06:18 PM
    Well the App World should be available to all phones, atleast the latest.

I would say that for the bold you will get a link, or an app pushed to the phone. No one knows yet but I'm sure you will be included in it.
    03-26-09 06:27 PM
    my guess is it'll be its own application, such as vzw tonesdeluxe.
    03-26-09 06:33 PM
    I don't see the purpose of a app store when the phone struggles with memory for the apps we have now. They need to get these memory leaks fixed first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 06:37 PM
    ^^ I said this in the Vodafone forum. I am not spending another penny on this piece of crap until all the outstanding issues are fixed.
    03-26-09 06:39 PM
    True, but supposidly the App World isn't only for use. Also I think this will help their business a lot just to say they have it to new customers.
    03-26-09 06:41 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD