Hey guys.

i posted here a while back about app world not working on my s2 and i didnt really get a solution so i gave up.

yesterday a friend send me this link :

http://content.rim.com.edgesuite.net...b_appworld.jad

he has a curve and it worked for him. i downloaded on my storm 9550 and it installed but still i cant find the icon.

so i tried on my storm one and it actually worked. but its running os 4.7.
    the thing is though, it installed the non-touch screen version which was annoying so i tried changing the 4.6.0 to 5.0.0 and it WORKED. so i thought id do that on my storm 2 (os 5.0.328).

finally i got the icon but when i click on it, it says :
    error starting net_rim_bb_appworld class net.rim.device.internal.ui.image

why did it work on the storm 1 and not 2??

please help
    11-30-09 09:44 PM
    Cmon people i really need help
    12-01-09 09:16 AM
    Cmon people i really need help
    Different hardware maybe?

IDK, App world works just fine for me..Try downloading the 320 official and steal the appworld cod out of it.
    12-01-09 09:24 AM
    Different hardware maybe?

IDK, App world works just fine for me..Try downloading the 320 official and steal the appworld cod out of it.
    well when i got my storm 2 and connected it on the computer, it shows that i have it installed and also on the phone i can find it in applications. Only not the icon to start it.
    12-01-09 09:26 AM
    Do you have the application center on yours? If so, delete app world under applications then open application center and download the new version..
    12-01-09 09:28 AM
    Do you have the application center on yours? If so, delete app world under applications then open application center and download the new version..
    im sorry is there a difference between app center and app world??
    12-01-09 09:29 AM
    App center should be a seperate icon on your phone, IDK if Voda shipped their phones with it or not, since you didnt know exactly what I was talking about I would assume your phone does not have it. Have you tried loading BB App world through DM's app loader? Delete app world from your phone via applications then go to DM, Application Loader, let DM do its thing for a second, Hit the browse button, find your OS folder and click on the blackberry app world alx. then next and it should load App world..
    12-01-09 09:34 AM
    Actually something that you should do before that is point your browser on your BB to m.crackberry.com then free storm apps, then try downloading app world that way, it will be in that list...

Make sure you delete app world out of applications before you do this as well.
    12-01-09 09:36 AM
    im sorry is there a difference between app center and app world??
    Yes the app center is the garbage that your provider gives you with the phone, app world is released by blackberry. Uninstall app world from your phone, battery pull, go to Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com from your mobile phone browser(make sure your browser identification is set to "blackberry") Click on what can blackberry do for me(or something like that) then click on the get app world link from and go through the page prompts to download straight from blackberry. Last but not least make sure you look in your downloads folder where most apps install by default(I always delete this folder, I prefer they go straight to my home screen so I can find them easily and put them where I want them).
    12-01-09 09:37 AM
    Actually something that you should do before that is point your browser on your BB to m.crackberry.com then free storm apps, then try downloading app world that way, it will be in that list...

Make sure you delete app world out of applications before you do this as well.
    App center should be a seperate icon on your phone, IDK if Voda shipped their phones with it or not, since you didnt know exactly what I was talking about I would assume your phone does not have it. Have you tried loading BB App world through DM's app loader? Delete app world from your phone via applications then go to DM, Application Loader, let DM do its thing for a second, Hit the browse button, find your OS folder and click on the blackberry app world alx. then next and it should load App world..
    mines verizon not vodafone (and im not living in the usa) ..

im sorry but i have no idea what dm app loader is too..

ill try m.crackberry and tell you what happened.
    12-01-09 09:40 AM
    Yes the app center is the garbage that your provider gives you with the phone, app world is released by blackberry. Uninstall app world from your phone, battery pull, go to Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com from your mobile phone browser(make sure your browser identification is set to "blackberry") Click on what can blackberry do for me(or something like that) then click on the get app world link from and go through the page prompts to download straight from blackberry. Last but not least make sure you look in your downloads folder where most apps install by default(I always delete this folder, I prefer they go straight to my home screen so I can find them easily and put them where I want them).
    it wont download from blackberry.com as it said my phone does not meet the requirements to install app world :S
    12-01-09 09:42 AM
    i tried to download through crackberry and i still got the your phone does not support the requirements .........

i just wanna know why did it work on the storm 1 running 4.7 and not on my storm 2 running 5.0 after i changed the 4.7.0 in the url to 5.0.0. any ideas?
    12-01-09 09:48 AM
    i tried to download through crackberry and i still got the your phone does not support the requirements .........

i just wanna know why did it work on the storm 1 running 4.7 and not on my storm 2 running 5.0 after i changed the 4.7.0 in the url to 5.0.0. any ideas?
    open your browser on your phone, press the menu key>options>browser configuration, under all of the check boxes it says browser identification. That option needs to be set to blackberry in order for app world to recognize the phone properly.
    12-01-09 09:51 AM
    open your browser on your phone, press the menu key>options>browser configuration, under all of the check boxes it says browser identification. That option needs to be set to blackberry in order for app world to recognize the phone properly.
    it is set to blackberry
    12-01-09 09:52 AM
    Are you in an area that is officially supported by app world? I know that they don't have it officially released everywhere over the big pond yet.
    12-01-09 10:12 AM
    i dont think i am. but it worked on storm 1, so whats the deal with my storm 2. also i downgraded from 5.0 on my storm 1 yesterday to 4.7 and thats why it worked.

so is 5.0 the problem?

im using vodafone but i didnt buy it from them. mines unlocked from verizon.
    12-01-09 10:17 AM
    i dont think i am. but it worked on storm 1, so whats the deal with my storm 2. also i downgraded from 5.0 on my storm 1 yesterday to 4.7 and thats why it worked.

so is 5.0 the problem?

im using vodafone but i didnt buy it from them. mines unlocked from verizon.
    5.0 is probably the reason that it isn't letting you download it, however it is not the reason that it won't work on your phone. If they haven't released it in your area yet you are going to have to do a manual transfer from your storm 1 to the storm 2 via 3rd party back up. Here is the directions on how to do this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-4-7-a-125449/
    12-01-09 10:30 AM
    5.0 is probably the reason that it isn't letting you download it, however it is not the reason that it won't work on your phone. If they haven't released it in your area yet you are going to have to do a manual transfer from your storm 1 to the storm 2 via 3rd party back up. Here is the directions on how to do this: http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-4-7-a-125449/
    lll try it and see how it goes but only problem is i got a mac, so ill see if i can manage to find a windows computer.
    12-01-09 11:20 AM
    lll try it and see how it goes but only problem is i got a mac, so ill see if i can manage to find a windows computer.
    You can always use VMware or something like that to run XP virtually.
    12-01-09 11:22 AM
    You can always use VMware or something like that to run XP virtually.
    im using crossover for my windows needs as im using a macbook air and i dont really have that much hard-disk space to work with.
    12-01-09 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD