For some reason, pretty much whenever I download an app from app world, say that its 3MB, it goes up and up and up to the point where it says 8124/3154kb. I mean the app doesn't seem as if it took up 8MB instead of the 3MB, but it always "downloads" more than it has to. I'm assuming it's just a visual glitch where the number doesn't stop and it's not actually downloading more than it has to? I'll update this thread with a Screen Shot of some of you find it weird that I am encountering this problem/error or whatever you want to call it.

I was wondering if others are encountering this as well and if it is in reality nothing to worry about?

Thanks!
    enzozenuni likes this.
    09-14-11 04:26 PM
    Just a guess but it might be combining the module install size + download together, since bb installs kinda work that way.
    09-14-11 04:29 PM
    I notice the same thing too
    09-14-11 05:38 PM
    App World 3.0 just came out of beta and went public so I am sure there are alot of different things about it other than the UI.
    09-14-11 05:51 PM
    I haven't noticed that on the app world but have noticed it when I download non-app world apps like google maps, liveprofile, etc. Yeah, doesn't seem to take up the amount of space it looks like and doesn't seem like these apps are working overtime.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 06:18 PM
    Happens to me both from Appworld or other OTA sites too...
    09-15-11 06:09 AM
    Yep i have the same issue...i havent noticed it with appworld but definitely notice it with OTA downloads when it goes to the download screen....strange behaviour but doesnt seem to cause any problems....i reckon its just reporting the numbers wrong.
    09-15-11 08:00 AM
    For some reason, pretty much whenever I download an app from app world, say that its 3MB, it goes up and up and up to the point where it says 8124/3154kb. I mean the app doesn't seem as if it took up 8MB instead of the 3MB, but it always "downloads" more than it has to. I'm assuming it's just a visual glitch where the number doesn't stop and it's not actually downloading more than it has to? I'll update this thread with a Screen Shot of some of you find it weird that I am encountering this problem/error or whatever you want to call it.

I was wondering if others are encountering this as well and if it is in reality nothing to worry about?

Thanks!
    It is probably a gap in the calculation. Did this issue exist before the release of AppWorld 3.0 or no?
    09-15-11 08:03 AM
    Yeah I noticed this before appworld 3.0.... I just figured appworld had the wrong download size documented
    09-15-11 08:20 AM
    I'm thinking the extra bit is temporary files for install. And the smaller total that it says is the actual size of the app. But I could be completely wrong

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 12:15 PM
    I haven't noticed it on app world but when I download OTA apps it does. I just assume that it's an O/S glitch. The original build that came with my phone from Sprint did not do this.
    09-15-11 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD