I was curious what people thought of the app world compared to android and iPhone. It seems as if the BB app world is far behind the others. My wife has an iPhone and gets to download all these fun and cool apps, aswell as watching movies/shows off of hbogo.com.

Will BB ever be in the discussion or will it fade out?

I want silly apps too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-11 02:59 PM
    I have an Ipod Touch, Rooted Nook Color (Android Tablet), as well as my Blackberry Curve. I purposely have 3 different systems because I like dabbling in each app market. However, of all 3 the BB app market frustrates me at times. It irritates me when I see so much development and apps on android or Apple markets, but limited apps on BB. My biggest irritation is when I find a likeable app on apple or android for free, but on BB it's like$4.99 LOL.

I know developers or those that write the apps need to receive remuneration, but why free on all other platforms but on BB a high cost??

What's up with PDF reading being free on all other platforms but not on BB??? Oh yeah and why I feel a tinge of anger when I do get an app from BB and have to reboot my phone (infamous 5 minute boot up) and other devices I just download and go?????

Don't get me wrong, I loooooove Blackberry and don't see me changing anytime soon, but would like to have ease of use like other systems.
    06-22-11 03:10 PM
    I love using App World on my PlayBook, but it needs a serious overhaul on BlackBerry smartphones. I'm not talking about the availability of apps, just ease of use.
    06-22-11 03:13 PM
    The reboot times blow and BB App world is far behind the two other major players, however I will say many of the apps I have dl are extremely useful, but are not exclusive to the BB platform.

The tether app while expensive to buy saves soooo much money in tethering fees to the carrier by circumventing the middle man. Android has it too if you want to tether "legitimately" without taking some risks and rooting your phone.

I have all the apps I really want (except maybe Angry Birds, but I have Angry Farm!). I have a Facebook, Tether, Weather Channel, BB Bridge for my Playbook, Youtube, BBM, Pingchat, etc. Notice those are all useful, two enable free data sharing apps with a PC and a Playbook, one gives me the weather, one is the only social networking site I use, another is the default video on the web these days, and the others are good messaging apps.
    06-22-11 03:25 PM
    I understand the phone isn't a toy, but nowadays phones are used for everything including entertainment. Since I got my torch I don't bother using my ipod.

It gets frustrating when my wife downloads fun apps and I get a chance to download a morgage calculater. ****, I can't even find a good gas station finder app. I would like those useful apps aswell as dumb apps like the beer app found on the iphone. And I forgot to mention angry birds.

I just think that BB should be smart and try to revamp the app store to compete with android or iphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-11 05:58 PM
    I love using App World on my PlayBook, but it needs a serious overhaul on BlackBerry smartphones. I'm not talking about the availability of apps, just ease of use.
    I wonder if the availability of apps will ever be comparable to apple or android with QNX I thought we would see more apps. Kind of seems the same as BB os>
    06-22-11 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD