Just tried .27. Still does not work for me. Storm, VZW on BES pretty much open. I do know that the Blackberry browser is restricted to Internal use only. Does App World default to BlackBerry Browser? I've had other apps that won't connect through MDS, but have options to configure for TCP and they work fine. No such option with (cr)APP World. Booo!
    04-02-09 10:34 AM
    If you ever find that you need to use the blackberry browser after you delete it just go back into your service books and select undelete and the desktop ippp will reappear from what i see.
    04-02-09 11:26 AM
    Does anyone know if MDS runtime is installed by default? It looks like there is a version of MDS runtime available on the blackberry developer site mds_runtime-4.7.0_bundle019 released late January.
    04-02-09 11:30 AM
    Deleting the Desktop IPPP worked, but I shouldn't have to. It seems the developers of the apps should add in an option for choosing connection type (MDS, BIS, or TCP). Some applications do? How about a standard??
    04-02-09 12:32 PM
    I�ve done some more research. There is an issue right now going on with BES activated Blackberry�s and App World. The current workaround is to go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Books. Highlight the Desktop[IPPP] service book and delete it. Once it is deleted, try launching App world and it will go through. This has been tested and working on a bold and several curves in our office. RIM has not provided any resolutions for this issue as of yet so there are no changes that we can make on the BES server.
    04-02-09 12:58 PM
    I’ve done some more research. There is an issue right now going on with BES activated Blackberry’s and App World. The current workaround is to go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Books. Highlight the Desktop[IPPP] service book and delete it. Once it is deleted, try launching App world and it will go through. This has been tested and working on a bold and several curves in our office. RIM has not provided any resolutions for this issue as of yet so there are no changes that we can make on the BES server.
    What about those of us that don't have a "Desktop [IPPP]" to delete and have BES activation?

Only IPPP's I have are:
    - IPPP for BIBS [IPPP]
    - IPPP for 5 Click [IPPP]
    - Company [IPPP]

Here's the message I get:

Last edited by LoSt180; 04-02-09 at 02:38 PM.
    04-02-09 02:27 PM
    [QUOTE=LoSt180;2161327]What about those of us that don't have a "Desktop [IPPP]" to delete and have BES activation?

Only IPPP's I have are:
    - IPPP for BIBS [IPPP]
    - Company [IPPP]

Here's the message I get:

I didn't have the Desktop [IPPP] either and deleted the one with my company name and the app world works fine now. I think Desktop is the default name of your BES email unless it is changed in the email settings.
    04-02-09 03:08 PM
    What are the effects of deleting my Company IPPP service book? I don't want to break email and stuff...
    04-02-09 03:34 PM
    You can undelete deleted service books if you need to.
    04-02-09 03:55 PM
    I'm in BIS only

Only IPPP's I have are:
    - IPPP for BIBS [IPPP]

no solutions for ?
    04-02-09 04:51 PM
    I was able to get the app center to work after removing this service book. I rebooted my my phone later that day just to see what would happen well i lost connection to the BES. ok so then i went back into my service books undeleted the desktop IPPP and my BES connection came back. This is a BIG mess just to get this 2 work.
    04-02-09 04:55 PM
    I came across this response on the BlackBerry Support Community forums:

Simply check the BES MDS proxy settings if you are a BES user. Regardless your Browser settings (Internet Browser or BlackBerry Browser), the App World will use your MDS connections.

I had same issue and I found the proxy setting on my BES server was wrong. I fixed it and it worked right away!!
    It is in your BlackBerry Manager, in the MDS server - Properties - Proxy.
    You must be the Administrator to check this.
    I'm not an Admin, so I'm not sure exactly what to look for...
    04-02-09 07:37 PM
    I was able to get the app center to work after removing this service book. I rebooted my my phone later that day just to see what would happen well i lost connection to the BES. ok so then i went back into my service books undeleted the desktop IPPP and my BES connection came back. This is a BIG mess just to get this 2 work.
    Mine did the same too. The desktop IPPP just came back and couldn't connect to the app world anymore. I'll just wait for the fix to come out.
    04-02-09 08:56 PM
    Just updated app world to v .28 and it seems to have fixed the problem. I'm curious if it helps the others on here.
    04-03-09 03:49 PM
    Trying this now.

Also, RIM posted a KB article on this which says it's been sent to development but does not provide ETA.

blackberry . com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17 855
    04-03-09 04:44 PM
    Yep... that fixed it for me!
    04-03-09 04:48 PM
    The new version seems to have fixed the issue!

1.0.0.28 is a winner
    04-03-09 06:45 PM
    I have 1.0.0.28 and am getting this error:

"BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World Server. Verify your network connections and try again."

04-03-09 10:27 PM
    App World Servers are overloaded. I downloaded and installed this morning with no issues. I tried to connect now and am getting error connection issue. I am on BIS so it is not a BES issue unless your IT policy restricts you from downloading and installing apps on your blackberry. If so contact your BES Admin.

Just calm down a minute and wait for the rush to die down and let the servers recover a bit.
    That's a bunch of BS. The Servers would have to be CONSTANTLY OVERLOADED.
    I have tried at different times of day and in the middle of the night and get the same error. This is NOT due to an OVERLOAD!
    08-31-10 07:28 PM
    hi all...
    I have a BB 9000 and the suggestions here helped out. My user wanted BB App world installed and is currently getting the "Blackberry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App world server. Verify your network connections and try again".
    -I have deleted the Desktop [IPPP] from user's Service Book
    -ensured he had the same IT Policy as myself on the BES
    -enabled APN Settings
    -wiped the device/re-loaded...
    -changed BB Desktop mgr to V 6.0
    -disabled/re-enabled Wi-Fi
    ..and a bunch of other things. I was hoping that someone can help if you have any more suggestions I can try.
    Carrier: Rogers
    I've had Rogers also start an investigation but just in case anyone else can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    10-07-10 02:41 PM
    ..sorry just to add user has a Bold 9700
    10-07-10 02:46 PM
    add Bold user 9780 with .359
    12-05-10 06:44 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD