At launch, AppWorld is what it is, a central location for a bunch of the apps that have been roaming the web, with some new ones like Shazam thrown in there. Give it time and it'll grow with some great apps.

Now on to the more important issue...where's our OS update? I, as well as many other people, were hoping we would get an updated OS along with the AppWorld launch. Any new news on this?
    04-01-09 10:41 AM
    I would love to try app world, but I am still reading through the 100 pages of disclaimer you have to accept to use it... Phuck, does RIM actually expect anyone to read that much BS...
    04-01-09 10:46 AM
    I would love to try app world, but I am still reading through the 100 pages of disclaimer you have to accept to use it... Phuck, does RIM actually expect anyone to read that much BS...
    You read that? ha...I just scrolled right thru it. My thumb got a workout this morning
    04-01-09 10:48 AM
    Please dont tell me you are actually reading all that cr.ap...
    Scroll, scroll, scroll and scroll some more then accept. No body ever reads the disclaimers, It's like reading the instructions before you put together a swing set for your kids...haha
    04-01-09 10:51 AM
    It actually pretty worthless right now, the database is ******* horrible.

THINGS I SEE WRONG WITH IT:

Can't list apps by a certain price point. (I want to see all the free apps please)

Can't see how many times an app has been downloaded

Cant see how many times an app has been reviewed and voted upon/average rating (I want NUMBERS not STARS)

Can't sort by highest rated app.

Can't recommend apps to friends

Can't favorite an app to download it later.

Can't sort the top downloads by category.

I'm sure theres more, but this after like 10 minutes of use.

Most of the stuff is RIDICULOUSLY overpriced (but thats not rims fault so I'm not holding that against them, though it creates a HUGE oppurtunity for developers to make tons of money for remaking some of the worthless apps that are like 10 bucks(seriously? 10 bucks for an app that does what a google search does? come on...) for cheaper prices.)

None of those things I just listed are even very hard to implement and the technology has been around forever, its as simple as inserting information from the database. The app store took WAY to long to come out for how worthless it is. not to mention what other people are saying, the 2.99 price minimum is waaaaaay to high, there needs to be a $0.99 minimum.
    Last edited by bloodhound01; 04-01-09 at 11:04 AM.
    04-01-09 10:54 AM
    App world is actually MORE than i expected from rim now that I think about it.
    However, The current games mixed in with the Storms limitation is a huge disappointment.

That, and it not having an "exclusive" 9500/9530 application list
    makes it kind of a PITA.

The app world it self looks great, but again - seems to work with a lot more flow on the 8330 (trackball) rather than the 9530.
    04-01-09 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD