I don't understand why the online app world has way more apps than the
    app world you down load for your BB 9780

on app world there is only 444 games listed and the online
    one says 1866 ? does not measure up

BlackBerry App World - Cards

what's going on here
    Last edited by vx1; 02-06-11 at 02:06 PM.
    02-06-11 02:01 PM
    Because some of those apps are not compatible with your device or your carrier or your country or your OS version any combination of those.
    02-06-11 02:28 PM
    if they would keep a standard .. then they would have more apps I guess
    02-06-11 05:23 PM
    Because some of those apps are not compatible with your device or your carrier or your country or your OS version any combination of those.
    This is sound info pal. Or do you prefer 95xx games (which will never work on your device) to show on the list and allow you to waste money on?

Standard? Meaning what?
    02-06-11 08:16 PM
    if they would keep a standard .. then they would have more apps I guess
    What does that even mean?

Here's the deal.

Some apps work on a touchscreen. Some don't. Some work on OS 6.0. Some don't. Some are available only in the US. Some are available in the US and Canada. Some are available in a handful of countries. Some apps aren't available on some carriers.

There are LOTS of variables.

When you go to App World on your device, it will only show those apps that are available to you on that device.

When you go to App World on a computer, it doesn't have those built in filters.

This completely makes sense.
    02-06-11 08:27 PM
    Here is a solution for you: Log in with you BB ID.

There. You get the same selectiona s you would on the device.
    02-06-11 08:39 PM
    explained: here is the problem there are different OSes for every country - rim needs to stop catering to every country and make one OS standard so the apps can be used any where. And then the apps that are made will be available for everyone .. a simple standard ..
    02-07-11 07:15 AM
    Here is a solution for you: Log in with you BB ID.

There. You get the same selectiona s you would on the device.
    no you don't get the app the carrier block will tell you that it is not availale to your carrier.
    02-07-11 07:16 AM
    explained: here is the problem there are different OSes for every country - rim needs to stop catering to every country and make one OS standard so the apps can be used any where. And then the apps that are made will be available for everyone .. a simple standard ..
    Sir, I must call misinformation on this. All of this pretty much.

The same 6.0.0.359 OS is released by RIM to ALL carriers. There are no country-specific releases. Where the h**l did you read that??

OS standards as in ONE SINGLE OS? Hardly when you don't have ONE SINGLE PHONE. Can you say Bold (erm... just there we have 4 different devices...), Curve (another eight), Storm (oops, 4 again), Pearl (original, flip, 3G, soo hmm, 8?). List goes on. How on Earth can they have one version of the OS with so many different hardware combinations?

Not saying it would be beneficial, but you're casting blaming on the wrong target. There is only one OS release. Carriers worldwide decide what happens from there. But that has nothing to do with AppWorld now...

no you don't get the app the carrier block will tell you that it is not availale to your carrier.
    Let me draw it to you then... Here is the Business listing with all the 563 apps listed. These are the apps that exist in AppWorld. Now, let me log in with my BB ID, which is linked to my Bold 9780, in VIVO network, in Brasil.

Comercial means Business. Check your in-device Appworld. See the numbers? 342. You get even more apps than I do. Quit complaining!

We provided you answers and explanations. Feel free to come back and rant if you deem it necessary.
    Last edited by diegonei; 02-07-11 at 08:15 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-07-11 08:05 AM
    Yeah, as noted above, the device OS is the SAME. However, different countries and different carriers have different allowances and permissions.

RIM, unfortunately, has to acquiesce to some of the requirements of different countries in order to do business there.

This is no different from the concessions that Google has to make in some countries.

Also, some carriers don't have the ability to support some functions of certain applications.

It's just the way that it is.
    02-07-11 11:22 AM
    yah what ever, that is why RIM is 10 leagues behind in the times for apps android buries RIM as does apple. The OS is 10 years old in Java Object Land and sub standard lack of graphics open GL and so many parts which have contributed to the lack of quality apps.

- We all know that blackberry is not a multimedia device, and no one wants to write for RIM because there are no useful tools for writing apps until recently. QNX will most probably take a year and a day to come to fruition and who do you think is going to wait for apps till then. No one!

I heard a rumour that BlackBerry will support android apps at some point, which is the only way blackberry can even conceive being in the main stream for apps.

I know the online version of app world has more apps because they are scamming people into thinking there are more .. but its all bureaucracy and carrier politics different versions of the same crap app on different platforms .. no quality just different version! hahaha

Like seriously - truth be known apple is far superior is many ways to all the phone manufactures out on the market because they have been a software company for 30 years plus developing their platform, and suddenly decided to get into phones and mobile products.

I am more frustrated with RIM than anything else .. because their method for creative and multimedia is in the stone ages, how many snake apps have you seen on app world! gees!!! get with it

I am not on here to troll and trash rim .. but to point out that they are not fooling anyone with the way they are posting apps.

Sir, I must call misinformation on this. All of this pretty much.

The same 6.0.0.359 OS is released by RIM to ALL carriers. There are no country-specific releases. Where the h**l did you read that??

OS standards as in ONE SINGLE OS? Hardly when you don't have ONE SINGLE PHONE. Can you say Bold (erm... just there we have 4 different devices...), Curve (another eight), Storm (oops, 4 again), Pearl (original, flip, 3G, soo hmm, 8?). List goes on. How on Earth can they have one version of the OS with so many different hardware combinations?

Not saying it would be beneficial, but you're casting blaming on the wrong target. There is only one OS release. Carriers worldwide decide what happens from there. But that has nothing to do with AppWorld now...

Let me draw it to you then... Here is the Business listing with all the 563 apps listed. These are the apps that exist in AppWorld. Now, let me log in with my BB ID, which is linked to my Bold 9780, in VIVO network, in Brasil.

Comercial means Business. Check your in-device Appworld. See the numbers? 342. You get even more apps than I do. Quit complaining!

We provided you answers and explanations. Feel free to come back and rant if you deem it necessary.
    Last edited by vx1; 02-08-11 at 04:08 PM.
    02-08-11 04:01 PM
    Next ..........
    02-08-11 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD