I tried that too and nothing. Just FYI for others out there, another recommendation was to go to RROYY - APPLICATIONS and download an older version. It had v3.1.2.32 for OS 6. That didn't work either even after rebooting a couple of times. BB App World is their "flag ship" application and RIM wonders why people...like me now...are looking at Galaxy S II. DUH!
    04-30-12 08:58 PM
    @khanig it's a BUG that will be fixed IF you would submit feedback on Appworld within the app.

It's not that hard. I submit feedback when any bug is found. People won't switch to another platform because of a bug. Now if you joined just to say you're switching, well then, goodbye and enjoy it.
    04-30-12 09:02 PM
    For some reason even though I install this version successfully every few days I get a notification on my 9780 that a new upgrade is available and should install it. I go and install it again (successfully) but the notification comes back in another few days. Anyone else have this issue?
    05-15-12 04:32 PM
    After installing, BB App World does not work at all. I always have the icon when I hold down the BB button, but whether I select it from there or the home screen, the app does not start. I re-downloaded and no change. I've deleted the app and I'll try to re-download again.
    05-16-12 11:43 AM
    After deleting and reinstalling, I was able to use App World and updated four apps. After the reboot, I'm back to having no use of App World, as noted in my above post. What is the deal?

I'm on a Bold 9650, Verizon, OS 6
    Last edited by JLD2k3; 05-16-12 at 01:31 PM.
    05-16-12 01:19 PM
    For some reason even though I install this version successfully every few days I get a notification on my 9780 that a new upgrade is available and should install it. I go and install it again (successfully) but the notification comes back in another few days. Anyone else have this issue?
    Just happened again after a battery pill. Sigh.
    05-17-12 02:22 PM
    Only a slight bit off topic, but can someone help me actually get this? My Torch 9800 died the other day, and I was able to reboot it off of the desktop software. But when I used it to re install all the apps, App world came in at the old Version 2.0.3.5.

There's no option within the old appworld to update itself, and when I try from Rim's website, I'm told that my device is incapable of running App world. Now since this obviously isn't true, how on earth do I update app world?

I'm up to date with OS 6.0.0.448 on Telus.
    01-29-13 04:45 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD