Anyone else having problems with installing the new version of appworld (3.1.2.32)?

Every time I try to install, it kills my berry and it goes into a constant reboot. Won't even start into safemode! Have to BBSAK into it and remove the app files during boot.

I've reverted to the older version which is fine... just seems strange that I'm the only one having this issue. Thanks!
    04-26-12 09:20 AM
    Sorry about your luck. No issues for me - I updated as soon as it was available, and haven't had any problems.
    04-26-12 10:25 AM
    I had the same issue. I had to wipe and reinstall OS which stinks, since I now have to reload everything. Once I reloaded the OS, App World update installed just fine.
    04-26-12 11:47 AM
    Anyone else having problems with installing the new version of appworld (3.1.2.32)?

Every time I try to install, it kills my berry and it goes into a constant reboot. Won't even start into safemode! Have to BBSAK into it and remove the app files during boot.

I've reverted to the older version which is fine... just seems strange that I'm the only one having this issue. Thanks!
    My problem is that after the upgrade the app world will not start. No matter how many times I perform a battery pull or how many times I press the app world icon.

I reverted to the BDM preinstalled in .723 (which is my current OS), after a BDM uninstall.
    Reinstalled the new version with NO LUCK.

I RE-reverted to the BDM preinstalled in .723, which works fine.
    I believe that day by day RIM pays less attention to OS 6 users....
    too bad because I will not give any money to buy a OS 7 device, especially when they are about to replace OS 7 with the new OS..
    Last edited by akavbb; 04-26-12 at 12:03 PM.
    trinichindian and sumitbohra like this.
    04-26-12 12:01 PM
    I had the same issue. I had to wipe and reinstall OS which stinks, since I now have to reload everything. Once I reloaded the OS, App World update installed just fine.
    That stinks. I thought I was going to have to do that until I found the BBSAK trick - I didn't realize (until today) that you could remove apps while the phone is booting.

There was one other app on my phone that was causing problems when I tried to start it... I got rid of it, but haven't tried reinstalling the new app world yet. Maybe there was a conflict or corruption... who knows. I'll keep playing with it.

Thanks all.
    04-26-12 12:31 PM
    My problem is that after the upgrade the app world will not start. No matter how many times I perform a battery pull or how many times I press the app world icon.

I reverted to the BDM preinstalled in .723 (which is my current OS), after a BDM uninstall.
    Reinstalled the new version with NO LUCK.

I RE-reverted to the BDM preinstalled in .723, which works fine.
    I believe that day by day RIM pays less attention to OS 6 users....
    too bad because I will not give any money to buy a OS 7 device, especially when they are about to replace OS 7 with the new OS..
    Exact same issue. App World seems to remain open in the background for me, but will not start. Anyone know where I can find an older version of App World to revert to? (OTA preferred)
    04-29-12 10:10 PM
    Nope, mine updated and works fine.
    04-29-12 11:51 PM
    Exact same issue. App World seems to remain open in the background for me, but will not start. Anyone know where I can find an older version of App World to revert to? (OTA preferred)
    RROYY - APPLICATION ARCHIVE
    akavbb likes this.
    04-30-12 10:45 AM
    I agree. This really sucks. I've downloaded it three times. The old one worked just fine and I can't get this damn thing to open now. And RIM wonders why customers like me are looking at the Galaxy II S. This is RIM's "flag ship" app! What do they want? to GO out of business? It's damn ridiculous.
    akavbb likes this.
    04-30-12 03:41 PM

BlackBerry AppWorld v 3.1.1.21 Update

Carefull!!!! This is not an official RIM site, as far as I am concerned, and you should proceed with caution and with your responsibility.
    Nevertheless, it really worked for me!!!
    3.1.1.21 is the one that works on my device PERFECTLY!!!!!

If you decide to install it I suggest that you do it on top of app world version preinstalled in .723.
    05-01-12 06:27 AM
    Ok. I did solve my issue with App World based on the advice from another person in one of the forums and it works. At least, it did with my 9800. 1.) completely remove App World by going to Options and following until you get to applications and delete it. 2.) take out your battery and reboot. 3.) After your back on, go to your browser and go to the BB site and download the new version. 4.) Once you've downloaded, wait 5 minutes or so. For real! 5.) Take out your battery and count to 20. No kidding! 6.) Put your battery in and once you're back on with your home screen, wait another 5 minutes. Then click on the App World icon. If it doesn't "hit" right away, give it some time, like another 5 minutes, then try again. Good luck. It finally resolved my issue.
    05-01-12 03:07 PM
    What's unfortunate is that I just read about RIM BB 10 in MSN's news section and the BB 10 looks a lot like a lot of other phones out there. I don't know, folks. BB won't be the same after BB 10 comes out. Check out the video's and related stories. Sad to see such a good thing go. Guess that's what passes for progress. If BB compromises security, they won't be any better than a Droid. It could be just corporate bs too to get BB users upset and leave and it's not true. But, ...I don't know. i sure liked my BB.
    05-01-12 03:26 PM
    What's unfortunate is that I just read about RIM BB 10 in MSN's news section and the BB 10 looks a lot like a lot of other phones out there. I don't know, folks. BB won't be the same after BB 10 comes out. Check out the video's and related stories. Sad to see such a good thing go. Guess that's what passes for progress. If BB compromises security, they won't be any better than a Droid. It could be just corporate bs too to get BB users upset and leave and it's not true. But, ...I don't know. i sure liked my BB.
    The device shown is not the final BB10 device, but one given to developers to test there apps on. Crackberry has all the links explaining the whole thing....don't get confused.

All of their demos showed a full touchscreen type device (but thats not necessarily what BB10 will look like when launched), with a new type of smart virtual keyboard. People like myself are hoping that they ARE going to have a QWERTY type physical keyboard device, I don't really use on screen keyboard much.
    Last edited by trinichindian; 05-02-12 at 12:30 PM.
    05-02-12 09:53 AM
    Ok. I did solve my issue with App World based on the advice from another person in one of the forums and it works. At least, it did with my 9800. 1.) completely remove App World by going to Options and following until you get to applications and delete it. 2.) take out your battery and reboot. 3.) After your back on, go to your browser and go to the BB site and download the new version. 4.) Once you've downloaded, wait 5 minutes or so. For real! 5.) Take out your battery and count to 20. No kidding! 6.) Put your battery in and once you're back on with your home screen, wait another 5 minutes. Then click on the App World icon. If it doesn't "hit" right away, give it some time, like another 5 minutes, then try again. Good luck. It finally resolved my issue.
    It didn't work for me.

back to 3.1.1.21...
    05-02-12 11:08 AM
    Having the exact same problem, tried to fix it with the manual on-phone delete and re-install as above, but right after the install appworld did not recognize my apps (or user info), then after a reboot, the same problem with not appworld not loading occurred again. I've actually had this problem since about sunday - and just today I loaded up .723 to try and correct it. It actually worked for a bit, but then I tried to patch BBM to 6.2 and that seemed to break it after the reboot. I think the first time it broke on me was after patching BBM the first time - so I think there may be a relationship here.
    05-02-12 04:34 PM
    Having the exact same problem, tried to fix it with the manual on-phone delete and re-install as above, but right after the install appworld did not recognize my apps (or user info), then after a reboot, the same problem with not appworld not loading occurred again. I've actually had this problem since about sunday - and just today I loaded up .723 to try and correct it. It actually worked for a bit, but then I tried to patch BBM to 6.2 and that seemed to break it after the reboot. I think the first time it broke on me was after patching BBM the first time - so I think there may be a relationship here.
    I would recommend BBSAK wipe, (get the error message that your phone does not have OS installed) and then clean installation of.723 via apploader (no BDM).
    Then follow all the updates for BBM etc and finally do the upgrade of App World from the link I describe above (don't install the latest app world update).
    Be careful to remember to backup everything through BDM and don't forget to do a manual backup of your NO BB apps into your SD card (because their settings don't get backed up through BDM).

Hope it helps!

PS: Don't forget the battery pulls between the various application installations!!
    Last edited by akavbb; 05-06-12 at 01:31 AM.
    05-06-12 01:29 AM
    Ok I think I solved the problem for anyone experiencing problems with their App World not launching. On my Style OS6, I was having the problem and what worked for me was

1) Delete existing app world, through the manage applications in settings
    2) reboot
    3)when phone is on, pull battery...wait, insert battery and
    4)boot
    5)use computer and sign in to blackberry id on blackberry website. Go to account details and make sure you have your email confirmed (i did not).
    6)confirm the email on the computer not on phone
    7)go to blackberry website and have it send the app world download link to the phone
    8)install and reboot

Good luck!
    09-29-12 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD