I think it has been enough time for this...

Blackberry App World was oficially released to public on April 1st. But the so called App "World" it just works to clients in Canada, US and UK.

So what... the people that don't live there don't deserve it? We pay less money to RIM?

It's been almost two months since it first appeared, and allmost all the world is forgotten for App World...

And to tell you the truth... I've been thinking lately about getting rid of my Storm and start using my Nokia E71. At least, when I want to buy a program, there is no discrimination depending on where you live...

So, back to topic... how can I contact RIM and tell them what I think about this, and how are they making me sick about BB devices?
    05-20-09 07:59 AM
    Wait are you implying there are countries OTHER than Canada, The US and UK?

Seriously as RIM is vested in delvering their devices to many Market places throughout the world I'm sure we can expect to see them slowly roll out App world there as well

I would exppect there are legal constraints affecting this. ALso Canada & The US and the UK share a common langage and similar legal systems. There are other things to be considered as well.

What happens if a Developer doesn't want their app sold in France, Russia or the Phillipenes?

Who is responsible for translating English Language Apps to French , SPanish, ETC and vice versa?

It seems to me RIM launched App world to their largest Market segment I have little doubt it wil be expanede to include otehr sized markets as the legalities and details are worked out.

Since I'm well versed witht he laws of these other countries I'm curious if the laws that govern the payment system (PayPal) may be affecting this as well. I seem to recall someone once told me in some nations the Paypal terms don't stand up in court.
    05-20-09 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD