Ok...
    Major rant here. Ever since RIM upgraded App World my Curve 8530 went bonkers. After talking to advanced tech support at Sprint...they gave me a new phone...guess what???? App World STILL is not working but phone is acting a little better. Called RIM and they told I was going to have to pay when they turned my phone into a paper weight....well I had to have a CSM call me and now I am on the phone with RIM tech support...I hope I can actually get App World up and running and have access to all my applications that I PAID for. UGH!!!!

08-30-10 04:13 PM
    Why do you need App World to access those apps?
    08-30-10 04:33 PM
    I had to do a hard reset...my whole library of apps is in app world. I have a back up on my computer but my licenses for the apps are in app world. I just talked to Sprint again and RIM is experiencing an outage but they are not saying it out loud.
    08-30-10 04:42 PM
    Can't really tell what you're talking about... There's no real problem description here.
    08-30-10 06:19 PM
    I have been unable to access App World since the upgrade and before Sprint replaced my phone; said 8530 was acting haywire. All since the move to App 2.0
    I have no access to my apps that I have purchased in the past due to hard reset that tech support asked me to do.
    08-30-10 06:30 PM
    Did you create a Blackberry ID and link the paypal account you used prior?
    08-30-10 07:10 PM
    When you say it isn't working, do you mean it says something like you need BIS or that it cannot connect to the network when you try to open App World 2.0?
    08-30-10 08:22 PM
    I have a blackberry id yes. When I try to open App World...I get the error code...Blackberry App World is not currently available in your country, please check Blackberry.com/appworld for updates. I have been through every concievable scenario to fix this issue. I have been on the phone with RIM for hours. I have wiped the OS from my Blackberry twice. I have done a hard reset 3 times. I unloaded and reinstalled Blackberry App World 2.0 numerous times. Sprint is at a loss. I have now just moved up to the second level Tech Support at RIM.
    08-30-10 08:57 PM
    Just to be clear, you are in the US... right?
    08-30-10 09:49 PM
    Yes, I am in the US. lol
    Blackberry is stumped as well. I emailed them a log of my phone and they are investigating the issue. I am supposed
    08-30-10 10:48 PM
    This is one of the reasons that I haven't updated to App World 2.0 yet. The whole update is totally messed up seriously and its causing all sorts of problems. I think that you should always wait a month or two after a release before updating cause it gives time for flaws to be found and fixed!
    08-31-10 06:59 AM
    This is one of the reasons that I haven't updated to App World 2.0 yet. The whole update is totally messed up seriously and its causing all sorts of problems. I think that you should always wait a month or two after a release before updating cause it gives time for flaws to be found and fixed!
    Everyone does not have this issue. App World 2.0 works perfectly fine for me on all devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 09:14 AM
    It has been fine for me. Actually, I was forced to do my update. It would shut down if I didn't have the newest.

08-31-10 09:28 AM
    I too was forced to update to 2.0 as well. My husband has a 8530 as well and is having no issue. My phone for some reason is not recognizing the fact that I am indeed in the USA. I do not think the New App World is causing issue for all but I have looked on the My Blackberry forums and people all over the world are having some issues in one regard or another. RIM so far is stumped why my phone is refusing to believe that yes, it is indeed a US phone. 1.1 quit working on me when they upgraded to 2.0...I kept getting the error message that App World could not connect to the server at this time. So I uninstalled 1.1 and the only App World that I knew to download was 2.0
    My first 8530 worked PERFECT before they upgraded to 2.0 now that I have a new handset...I am still having the same problem and same error code when I launch App World 2.0....ERROR CODE STATES...App world is currently not avaible in your country please check Blackberry.com/appworld for updates. Yes, I have wiped the handset and reinstalled the OS three times. I have started fresh on every level. If anyone has any ideas please let me know! I have also done factory reset 4 or 5 times under direction from RIM. They have my logs, vendor number, PIN, etc.
    Any ideas fellow Crackberry enthusiasts?
    08-31-10 09:40 AM
    I had the same issue. I just downgraded to the app world I had before and everything came back fine.

08-31-10 10:20 AM
    where do I download the old app world????
    08-31-10 10:28 AM
    I am having this same issue since I upgraded. I have done everything others have recommended but nothing is working. Am looking forward to your suggestions.
    08-31-10 10:06 PM
    I have been unable to access App World since the upgrade and before Sprint replaced my phone; said 8530 was acting haywire. All since the move to App 2.0
    I have no access to my apps that I have purchased in the past due to hard reset that tech support asked me to do.

Same here. This is my first Blackberry and likely my last. I hate this ****** thing already. Pay for apps and can't even access app world!
    SUCKS!
    08-31-10 10:33 PM
    where do I download the old app world????
    ^^^^^what he said !!
    08-31-10 10:52 PM
    I deleted the app world two. Entering a password all the time is ridiculous. I will have to find an aleternative. Am I out of luck here. Is it time for Android?
    09-01-10 06:33 AM
    Husband and I both have the 8530 and both are getting the same error code. Have been on the phone with RIM but they are still trying to debug it. Seems to be that my phone is confused at to where it is supposed to be. I am in the USA. When I hear back from RIM, I will post what I know. I have managed to find all the apps I used previously except for one or two but it took searching and searching the net for the right ones. They are supposed to set up a remote session with me this morning. They are working out all the bugs and it seems they had this issue before when they upgraded from 1.0 to 1.1
    09-01-10 07:59 AM
    I deleted the app world two. Entering a password all the time is ridiculous. I will have to find an aleternative. Am I out of luck here. Is it time for Android?
    I don't mind entering the password. To me it is a safety - meaning no one can put an app on that I don't want. Especially they are working on having us be able to charge apps to our phone bills.
    09-01-10 10:00 AM
    I have the 8350i through Sprint/Nextel and have had no issues with the new BB App 2.0.. I was a beta tester, so not sure if that had anything to do with it or not.
    09-01-10 10:21 AM
    The problem I am having is not a common one. The original error code occurred on my original 8530...that was replaced Monday. I tried to get 1.1 to work on the NEW 8530 and error code I got was "cannot connect to server"...I got the same error code on the previous 8530 when I upgraded to 2.0 on the ORIGINAL 8530...I got the error code "App World is not available in your country"...okay...so I tried App World 1.1 on the NEW 8530..."cannot connect to server"...okay so I then put 2.0 on after I uninstalled 1.1....well then I got the error code "App World is not available in your country". Two different handsets but identical error codes. My husband got a BRAND NEW never before activated 8530 and he got the same error codes I did in the same order. So this is where I am at. I have spoken with RIM like a dozen different times and I have about 30 different emails working on the issue since Monday. I am experienced with Blackberry and so is my husband. No idea how to get it working. I have been through wiping the OS, etc...hard resets...SOOOO, this is my story and RIM is still "researching" the problem.
    09-01-10 11:23 AM
    i had the same problem...originally it did not recognize my country...I re-installed it and it worked fine since then.
    09-01-10 11:31 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD