Hi folks,

I was recently prompted to update App World to the new 2.0 version.
    All seemed to go well with downloading & installation, and even though I'm a new BB user, I like the new look already.

The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to finish a transaction. I've had a PayPal account for a while and have had no trouble making purchases with the previous App World. Now with the new 2.0 version, you must create a "BlackBerry I.D." which I did with no problems. The error message occurs after typing in the PayPal password:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server.
    Verify your network connections and try again."
    [OK]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it just a "wait and see" kinda thing because it's new, or is there something I'm doing wrong? Anyone else experiencing this? I've read dozens of posts in several forums (fora?) but can't seem to find this exact problem.

Thanks in advance!
    08-24-10 10:05 AM
    Good question... Use boards. You shouldn't go wrong with it.

Now about AppWorld, it is probably a "wait a while" kind of problem. I've seen people say that they can't get it to work over the carrier network but it works fine over Wi-Fi. You could try that.

Did you try a battery pull?
    08-24-10 10:12 AM
    Ive always had that issue. I ended up adding my work email address into my paypal account and sign in with it instead now and have no issues at all.
    08-24-10 10:37 AM
    Thanks guys for the quick replies, and it was Diegonei's "Battery Pull" suggestion that did the trick! All is well again, yay!
    Last edited by Neilyum; 08-24-10 at 11:48 AM.
    08-24-10 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD