Anyone know of an App so you can use the Wifi of the BB as a VOIP? I'm overseas and want to call back to the US without having to be wired to my laptop.
    12-12-09 09:58 PM
    there are no true VOIP programs for Blackberry. The closest youll get is IM plus for Skype and that works over cellular network which s pretty bogus.
    12-12-09 10:00 PM
    12-12-09 10:36 PM
    Nice try but he needs a voice over IP program.
    12-12-09 10:49 PM
    Nice try but he needs a voice over IP program.
    Does it not work over wifi?
    12-12-09 11:02 PM
    If you have it, try to get it to work on wifi and get back to us.
    12-12-09 11:04 PM
    Thanks anyway
    12-13-09 10:39 AM
    I too have been anticipating this for a while now. I know there is a hardware adon, a server rack that would be installed VIA your work/company, I will attach the link. But as far as an APP is concerned so that we have the freedom to use VOIP over WiFi such as Rogers can allow here in Canada.......I too am waiting for this!!

Going over daytime minutes will be a thing of the past :P I'm tired of the guys with a Nokia, iPhone, and few others that have WiFi and aren't restricted to VOIP.

I so need this APP too.
    12-13-09 04:09 PM
    No.

10-char
    12-13-09 04:15 PM
    Here is the link I was talking about which is a rack system for business,

Agito Networks - The Leader in Enterprise Mobility

It connects your phone using SIP through the WLAN back to your office phone system/PBX.

It sounds pretty slick as it lets you even stay on a call when you leave WiFi area by moving the call over to cellular voice.

This is so great, however.....still not as simple as I was saying about Nokia's etc...just want a damn VOIP app My boss has his VOIP app on his Nokia and the other guys iPhones, they make calls all day along with other features tied into our PBX. I'm jelous and sad, I do NOT want to be burning up daytime minutes and I just have to put my sexy 9700 down...cause all she has is unlimited incoming.
    12-13-09 04:16 PM
    I wonder if this will be in the works or not....
    12-15-09 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD