Made by BT

Sorry no images, titles are self explanatory.
    08-08-10 05:51 PM
    Oxy Pink

My wife installed this skin on her phone. She really likes it but the main icon doesnt change! Anyone else having this problem?? It is set to update the main icon also.

Thanks
    08-09-10 07:14 AM
    My wife installed this skin on her phone. She really likes it but the main icon doesnt change! Anyone else having this problem?? It is set to update the main icon also.

Thanks
    This icon is static. It's not meant to change. In the future, I'll add that to the title of the zip file. Sorry for the confusion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 07:22 AM
    for those having trouble adding icons this may help. first open up your media folder in windows:

double click to open your blackberry folder (your memory card):

locate the m4dev folder and open that:

create a 'skins' folder inside the m4dev folder and open that:

name a new folder 'batteryex' and open that:

place all your unziped skin folders in this folder. Note: make sure you do not have a folder within a folder for each icon set.

go to the application scroll to the skin tab and chose your skin:

i dont see a blackberry folder after i click media.
    08-09-10 08:27 AM
    i dont see a blackberry folder after i click media.
    When you plug your phone into your PC it should show as an external drive in the 'My Computer' or 'Computer' (Win 7 users) Folder.

What version of Windows are you running?
    08-09-10 08:40 AM
    When you plug your phone into your PC it should show as an external drive in the 'My Computer' or 'Computer' (Win 7 users) Folder.

What version of Windows are you running?
    windows7 and i didnt have my memory card enabled.I got it now thanx for the quick response.
    08-09-10 08:52 AM
    windows7 and i didnt have my memory card enabled.I got it now thanx for the quick response.
    Great...............
    08-09-10 08:56 AM
    Great...............
    thanx you so much for the step by step instructions.now i need some cool skins thanx again.you rock
    08-09-10 08:59 AM
    For those having trouble adding Icons this may help. First open up your Media Folder in Windows:

Double Click to Open your Blackberry Folder (Your memory Card):

Locate the m4dev Folder and Open that:

Create a 'Skins' Folder inside the m4dev folder and Open that:

Name a New Folder 'BatteryEx' and Open that:

Place all your unziped skin folders in this folder. Note: Make sure you do not have a folder within a folder for each Icon set.

Go to the application scroll to the Skin Tab and chose your skin:

Bump for photobucket juggling my pic's..........
    08-09-10 09:17 AM
    thanx you so much for the step by step instructions.now i need some cool skins thanx again.you rock
    Glad to help and a ton of great skins to choose from.......
    08-09-10 09:19 AM
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! So many cute skins. Thanks to all for sharing. I think I'm addicted to batt ex skins, LOL...quick I need counseling, and a 8gig sd card !!
    08-09-10 12:18 PM
    Do you think this app have a big drain on the battery life?
    08-09-10 05:12 PM
    Do you think this app have a big drain on the battery life?
    It is running all the time so it has some drain...............
    08-09-10 05:19 PM
    It is running all the time so it has some drain...............
    Well that I know but is it a big drain or a tiny one you wont even notice?
    08-09-10 05:27 PM
    Well that I know but is it a big drain or a tiny one you wont even notice?
    You would have to test it and I have not but maybe someone who has can chime in. My battery life is fine for me using it so if you think your battery is not lasting remove it for a few days and see if it improves.......
    08-09-10 05:37 PM
    To get rid of the folders that show up in your pictures folder, you can do it the way I did it. Rename the folder that appears in "Pictures". Then, I moved the icons, one by one, into the properly named folder that I created in BattEx. When the folder in "Pictures" was empty, I simply deleted it. That got rid of the entry in "Pictures". I'm not counting the dozens of times I navigated back to the BattEx folder just to verify everything was where it was supposed to be LOL. I'm not saying this is the ONLY to do it, but it's the only way I felt comfortable doing it. I hope this helps a little.

I have the same problem. A bunch of my skin folders showed up in my pictures folder on the phone. So for your instructions above, are you doing this manually on the phone itself, or are you doing this on DM/Media Manager? I went to DM/Media Manager and the skin folders were not listed there! But they ARE in the picture folders on the phone itself. What the heck.
    08-09-10 08:25 PM
    I have the same problem. A bunch of my skin folders showed up in my pictures folder on the phone. So for your instructions above, are you doing this manually on the phone itself, or are you doing this on DM/Media Manager? I went to DM/Media Manager and the skin folders were not listed there! But they ARE in the picture folders on the phone itself. What the heck.
    Someone else posted an easier way to do it. Go to your media options, at the bottom of the page you'll see "Exclude Folders" just check the ones you DON'T want to show up in your pic folder. I had done this before, but didn't realize that a reset is required to make the changes go into effect.

08-09-10 08:29 PM
    You would have to test it and I have not but maybe someone who has can chime in. My battery life is fine for me using it so if you think your battery is not lasting remove it for a few days and see if it improves.......
    I'm don't think it makes a significant difference in your battery life. I haven't noticed anything alarming. But, on a side note; to solve ANY battery life issues, I highly recommend the Seidio extended life battery. It seems a bit expensive at $65, but trust me, IT'S A BARGAIN! You won't believe how much longer your battery lasts after you put one of those in your 'Berry. I wouldn't want to part with mine for double what I paid for it!

08-09-10 08:36 PM
    can someone give me a tutorial for a mac user? i am a bit lost.....thanx

ok i managed to one unzipped file into the batteryex folder, but when i went to add another one a pop up saying files had the same name and if i should replace it. i clicked do not replace and left it at that, so i only have one skin. what am i doing wrong? also when i went into the skin tab to apply what i just added i did not see the options for my skin, clear yellow, or gnome icons. all i saw was a link to the manual, once i clicked on that my new skin was applied, is that normal?
    Last edited by breebree15; 08-09-10 at 09:36 PM.
    08-09-10 09:05 PM
    Someone else posted an easier way to do it. Go to your media options, at the bottom of the page you'll see "Exclude Folders" just check the ones you DON'T want to show up in your pic folder. I had done this before, but didn't realize that a reset is required to make the changes go into effect.

Wow, thank you so much. So I did that, now how do I get those particular pics onto batteryex?
    08-09-10 09:16 PM
    IOW, I've got that "folder within a folder" thing going on and I don't know why it did that. I didn't put them in there like that, I extracted everything....????
    08-09-10 09:17 PM
    someone else posted an easier way to do it. Go to your media options, at the bottom of the page you'll see "exclude folders" just check the ones you don't want to show up in your pic folder. I had done this before, but didn't realize that a reset is required to make the changes go into effect.

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thank you
    08-09-10 10:11 PM
    some more

thank you for the football!
    08-09-10 10:44 PM
    Courtesy of BT.

Sorry folk no images, doing this on my berry. Titles are self explanatory.
    08-10-10 02:28 AM
    *~*Is there any way someone could make a skin with these pink lips?? Thanks in advance!!*~*

08-10-10 11:28 AM
5,330 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD