Hello, I'm new to the forums (but have been a "lurker" for some time). I just bought my first BB this weekend and have already found what the "allure" is! I have two questions sort of...

First, is there a way to remove apps or themes and store them to your computer for later use?

Second, is it possible to modify themes that were downloaded OTA? For example, I have a theme on my BB now, but would like to tweak it slightly using Themebuilder. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance! I look forward to battling our addiction together!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 04:21 PM
    Themes and BlackBerry Applications are packaged into the OS distribution package. It is a simple matter to move them to a safe place on the computer and prevent them from being loaded. The free utility CrackMem does just exactly that.

I will have let one of our Theme building members address your second question.
    08-04-09 04:26 PM
    Themes can only be modified by using .thm (source) files with Plazmic Theme Builder; they cannot be modified by using already exported files (i.e. .jad or .alx/.cod files). Most theme builders don't openly provide their .thm files, so your best bet is to simply ask the theme developer if they would be willing to make the modifications you are looking for.
    08-04-09 04:36 PM
    Is there a way to convert so i can install a JAD onto my storm!!!
    08-05-09 07:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD