Hello,

Is there an app out there that would tell me the origin of an incoming call? Like in the US, if the number is 626-793-xxxx that means it is from Pasadena, CA. I saw an app like that on my friend's HTC Pro 2 Windows Mobile 6.1(mind you, it just said California, but that is good enough already), so i was wondering if the blackberry had an app like that.

Thanks for your time
    10-06-09 02:15 PM
    You mean reverse lookup? Yeah there's an app for that (sorry )

I use Poynt which has a good reverse lookup feature, and I think there's a few other apps that do as well.
    10-06-09 04:27 PM
    Oh how I miss the old berry-a-code

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 04:42 PM
    Oh how I miss the old berry-a-code

I was just going to say "Berry-a-code". Is it not available anymore? I have it on my 8900, and it's great. Gives city and state on calls not in address book. I will look for a link to it.
    10-06-09 05:23 PM
    Apparently after doing some looking around, the program was infringing on someone's patent rights and was taken down.
    10-06-09 05:45 PM
    10-06-09 06:04 PM
    Thank you, I will give it a shot!

By the way i found a link to berry-a-code in case any of you want it:

BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community - View Single Post - Announcing Berry-a-Code: Free BB App
    Last edited by ladiciuus; 10-07-09 at 01:49 PM.
    10-07-09 01:36 PM
    will these work with blocked/private/unavailable numbers too? not so much to show the number just where the call is from
    10-08-09 10:35 AM
    Thank you, I will give it a shot!

By the way i found a link to berry-a-code in case any of you want it:

BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community - View Single Post - Announcing Berry-a-Code: Free BB App
    Did you get this file to download ?
    10-08-09 11:49 AM
    i tried and all i got was a white screen
    10-08-09 12:31 PM
    If your on vzw with OS 5.0 it includes the city id app cost a 1.99$ a month. This is the app who shut berry a code and others down for patent infrigment.

10-08-09 12:42 PM
    thats crappy
    10-08-09 12:45 PM
    Does this work WHILE the call is coming through / ringing?
    Or only after the call is missed, are you able to look it up? (that seems pointless)
    10-08-09 12:56 PM
    Did you get this file to download ?
    Yes, however i had to register.
    10-08-09 01:02 PM
    Does this work WHILE the call is coming through / ringing?
    Or only after the call is missed, are you able to look it up? (that seems pointless)
    Berry-a-code will tell you the origin of the call WHILE it is ringing. ONLY IF you do not have that number as on of your contacts. Pretty great app if you ask me. If you want to look up any number on demand I suggest you install Call Manager Ex (mentioned above) Beware though, it is a pretty big install. Even though it claims to show origin of call while call is coming through, it didn't work for me. So now, i use Berry-a-call for incoming call origins and if i want to reverse look up ANY number (as far as origin is concerned) i use Call Manager EX. Poynt has reverse look up too, but that's not for every number. Hope this helps
    10-08-09 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD