Hey guys, just wondering if theres an app somewhere to help sync my 9650 with outlook even though its on BIS. Not looking for google sync, its making duplicates of contacts and calendars. Is there anything else??
    08-05-11 08:04 PM
    if you're looking for a non-google solution, there is funambol.

It's a free syncing solution (as long as you don't use more than 50MB? server space). Your PIM data is stored on their servers (my.funambol.com) to which you also have access via web browser.

To keep things in sync, there is a blackberry app and an outlook plugin for your pc. It's not a real-time synchronization, but you rather schedule the app and the plugin to sync periodically (every 15min...every hour.. once a day - as you prefer).

It's not as perfect as an enterprise BES solution with attached exchange server, so you do have some limitations, (e.g. problems with annual calendar events before 1970), but for a free consumer synchronization it does the job quite nicely I'm personally using it since almost a year.

You may also want to have a look at this funambol thread and these announcements from crackberry.com..

happy syncing!
    08-05-11 09:01 PM
    Looks perfect!! Thanks so much!!!
    08-05-11 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD