Hello everyone,

I'm not sure how many people out there are having the same issue as me but I've noticed my typing has bogged down since I switched from my curve to my storm which was about 6 months ago.

I've used a friend's Iphone a few times to send a text etc. because my phone was in the car and was blown away by the ease/speed of typing on the portrait full screen keyboard.

I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to create an app that requires just a tap of the screen to register a key input on the keyboards and possibly make the keys a little wider on the portrait view's keyboard.

I'm not sure how complex it would be to create such a thing but I know on the password screen of the storm slider/berry slider app I only need to tap the screen to put in my pass code.

I would gladly pay money for an app such as this because the sure type keyboard is auto correcting quite a few words and double checking everything I type is becoming quite the chore.
    10-26-09 01:46 AM
    Simply put: not possible....yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 01:57 AM
    Opera's keyboard is only a tap... of course that's only in one app. No idea how difficult it would be to have it spread through out the phone.
    10-26-09 02:08 AM
    If you want an iPhone, go get one, and quit trying to change a superior device into a copy of an inferior device!
    10-26-09 10:14 AM
    I love the storm as much as the next guy but you'd have to be pretty stuck up to say the keyboard is superior to that of the iphone or the physical keyboard of the curve/tour/pre.

If Verizon sold the iphone in the states I probably would get it because it runs a lot smoother. Unfortunately, I need to have phone service to do my job.
    10-26-09 11:41 AM
    If you want an iPhone, go get one, and quit trying to change a superior device into a copy of an inferior device!
    well you just completely posted a useless thread.

as for a keyboard app, like mentioned earlier, i believe it isnt possible.

i came from the same boat, had a curve be4 my storm and was devastated by the typing and how my speed of typing drastically went down. after months and months of using it, i have almost got to par with my curve speed. just keep typing away, you'll get used to it.

for the record, I love blackberry and everything about it...BUT, the iphone keypad is FAR better and easier to type with than the storm. and if you wanna compare the devices, the iphone actually has an upperhand in alot of major categories so making fun of how he stated the iphone was an inferior product compared to the storm is completely wrong and ignorant.
    10-26-09 11:52 AM
    I have had touch screen keypads before. To many mistakes in typos because of it. Thus my comments above. And yes I have used an iPhone before too, as well as an HTC with touchscreen keypad with slide out keypad. The BB click screen cuts out 99% typos.
    10-26-09 04:10 PM
    lets go SWYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    01-21-10 01:43 PM
    well you just completely posted a useless thread.

as for a keyboard app, like mentioned earlier, i believe it isnt possible.

i came from the same boat, had a curve be4 my storm and was devastated by the typing and how my speed of typing drastically went down. after months and months of using it, i have almost got to par with my curve speed. just keep typing away, you'll get used to it.

for the record, I love blackberry and everything about it...BUT, the iphone keypad is FAR better and easier to type with than the storm. and if you wanna compare the devices, the iphone actually has an upperhand in alot of major categories so making fun of how he stated the iphone was an inferior product compared to the storm is completely wrong and ignorant.
    And that would be your opinion, not fact.
    01-22-10 03:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD