A large quarrel I have had as of late is trying to type in portrait or landscape then inadvertently having the phone change to either... portrait or landscape.

I suggest a remedy of this situation which would allow for worry free use, you could type upside down and it wouldn't interfere with your view of the devices display.

The way I would go about this (had I the savvy and knowledge) is by creating an application that locks the screen into portrait or landscape or whatever view you have the phone held in at the time of application execution. This would allow you to say, roll around in bed writing an email, flick your wrist and check the time, or lay upside down blood rushing to your face and still enjoy the advantage of returning to a screen with no loading time between switched views. As well as getting stuck in portrait when you damn well wished you were landscaping it up.

In order for this app to be time worthy, it would have be able to bind to a phone convenience key, as well, pressing that same convenience key would control unlocking, as well as locking of the screen.

I hope someone shares my view of how this application could be useful and that we could somehow all enjoy this convenience somewhere in the near future.

May the official OS soon be with you.
    03-26-09 12:37 AM
    The sad thing is this should come standard on the phone IMO. Who the **** sat there in the early testing period and said cool the phone keeps switching views everytime I move. Maybe if I keep moving I can give myself a seizure. Cool!! This ones a winner!!

On a serious note this was the first question I asked tech support. And was met with a big fat Umm we're idiots for not thinking of that so 'No' sorry you can't toggle or lock between views. So if an app can achieve this I'm all over it.
    03-26-09 12:43 AM
    It seems like it would be a simpler thing to do, many applications already do something like this... just without toggling, such as when you go into phone and certain games.

Id just like to see something similar with applications that do both views.
    03-26-09 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD