I have two questions about the app store.
    Does anyone know have a date for when they will begin adding apps to the list?

Is there any way to close the app store? On my storm its one of those
    Programs that's always open. Since I don't use it (yet) I was wondering if there was a way to
    Close it and free up some memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 04:10 PM
    One, I don't believe the app center is the same thing as the app store. I seem to recall hearing that was just a temporary stand-in.

The second one has been answered numerous times, so do a search.
    01-14-09 04:19 PM
    i will answer what bigman2 can not. change the setting on the app center and do not allow it to do automatic updates and then restart your phone. Now it wont be always open.
    01-14-09 04:27 PM
    App Center is a joke. It is half-assed like most things on the storm. VZW rushed these phones out way too fast for the holiday season.
    01-14-09 04:29 PM
    check out this story for more. there's a link in there for the site you can go to sign up for app store updates:

Talking App Center, App Store and RIM’s New Attitude | CrackBerry.com
    01-14-09 04:30 PM
    i will answer what bigman2 can not. change the setting on the app center and do not allow it to do automatic updates and then restart your phone. Now it wont be always open.
    If you do a search, you'll find I answered that question at least a couple of times already. I just don't see any point in constantly duplicating effort.
    01-14-09 04:30 PM
    there isnt any more effort - people come here to ask questions, it takes just as much effort to answer them then to tell them to search.
    01-14-09 04:36 PM
    bigman2, everyone here is on the same boat, so if u know an answer already why make someone look continuously for something they cannot find. There are millions of posts on here and people like u just make it harder to find things. Stop being some dam stubborn and start being a little more considerate.
    01-14-09 04:37 PM
    bigman2, everyone here is on the same boat, so if u know an answer already why make someone look continuously for something they cannot find. There are millions of posts on here and people like u just make it harder to find things. Stop being some dam stubborn and start being a little more considerate.
    A) It's just common courtesy to spend maybe 5 minutes looking for an answer on your own before asking
    B) I don't expect anything from others I don't expect of myself
    C) That's what the bloody SEARCH feature is for
    D) What's the point of preserving all these old posts if not for the ability to SEARCH through them
    E) At no point did the OP even claim to have done a search of any kind

I could go on, but I think that more than makes my point. Now, do you want to continue with your amusing hypocrisy with making pointless posts that make it harder for people to find things complaining about how my pointless posts make it harder for people to find things, or would you prefer to stop digging your hole while you can still climb out?
    01-14-09 05:55 PM
    App Center is a joke. It is half-assed like most things on the storm. VZW rushed these phones out way too fast for the holiday season.
    and you speak from experience on your Curve?

I agree with BigMan. Why propogate not searching? I don't know how many times I have searched for one and thing and found 2 other usefull items I didn't even know I needed!
    Last edited by Ultrafied; 01-14-09 at 05:59 PM.
    01-14-09 05:56 PM
    For all with the holier than though attitude just instructing people to search why don't you just move on along. You don't like repetitive posts than don't respond. Your response is just as repetitive. I have notice that about 90% of the inquiring posts can be found by searching. if everyone searched correctly then this site would have no activity. So when we asked some silly question, please just answer or move on along. After all if your not part of the solution your part of the problem.
    01-14-09 06:04 PM
    I agree with everyone.

Not to keep this off topic, but search is our friend. But everyone knows that and pointing it out repetitively is almost as backward as not having searched to begin with. Stating it is nearly redundant since if the OP had thought of it they probably would have done it. Also true is it takes probably an equal amount of effort to chastise someone for not searching as it would to have simply answered their question.

Bigger picture, and what I believe to be the real problem (me personally) is the act of creating a NEW THREAD just to ask the question. To defend the search Nazi's it probably wouldn't be as bad if the questions "unsearched" were simply asked in a pre-existing thread corresponding to the question. Ahh, but alas, there in would require a search. Never mind, I make no sense...I think everyone should be able to ask as many questions as they like, and to do so with as many new threads as they deem necessary in getting the answer they want to hear
    01-14-09 06:49 PM
    Are their any developers of apps for the March 2009 App Store?

How long does it take to go through the app approval process by BlackBerry?
    01-16-09 05:31 PM

These two questions can't really be answered yet since we do not know more than what was stated in the link that Kevin posted. But you can sign up for any updates when they are available.

http://www.blackberry.com/storefrontinfo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 06:03 PM

We tried to sign up weeks ago, still haven't even been told we've been approved or anything for that matter.
    01-16-09 07:23 PM
    We tried to sign up weeks ago, still haven't even been told we've been approved or anything for that matter.
    Thanks for your input.

Is there a forum on this website where other developers such as yourself, discuss the App Store (not even sure what RIM will call their app store)? We are considering submitting an app and would like to know other developers experience thus far.
    01-19-09 04:55 PM
    hey thanks armak and my2 cents i read most posts of the day reading bout shyt and ive learned alot. some whackos in here are grammar freaks lol. i dont see the big deal if i dont like the topic heading and have no idea what it means i dont read it lol bitmap files wtf is a bitmap if ive neva used it before why do i need it now
    01-19-09 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD