We all know its coming in the spring but a couple of concerns?

1)do you think it will be setup up like the iphone app store, im not trying to compare it to the iphone im just wondering if it will be a program you download to the phone, a program on the computer or a online website?

2) i see all the applications for blackberry all cost money. Do you think more free software will come out with the launch of the app store?

thanks in advance. i hope this will be an interesting topic, i havent heard much talk about it yet.
    01-02-09 12:16 PM
    1. It would be pointless for the app store to not be on the phone.

2. See definition: STORE.

01-02-09 12:18 PM
    I'm concerned what effect the app store will have on sites that sell software.. You know like Crackberry.

If an app is available in both places (at the same price) will people purchaing it from the App store cut into CB's bottom line?

Will developers be forced to choose? an either or situation? Assuming the App store is on every Blackberry Devs will get greater market saturation than through a site like Crackberry and IF forced to choose between the two... Money Talks!
    01-02-09 12:38 PM
    I think an app store would screw some people over. If these programs were to be specific to the app store, we would be at it's mercy when it came to pricing! I think things should stay the way they are and continue to encourage competitive sales.
    01-02-09 01:00 PM

1)do you think it will be setup up like the iphone app store, im not trying to compare it to the iphone

Uh, actually you are, 'cause you just did.
    01-02-09 01:15 PM
    I think cb would have to try and negociate something with whoever is hosting the app store, like offer their apps for royalty fees or something. It would be a way for more apps to be uploaded faster.
    01-02-09 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD