I have been using tellme for a little bit and I really like it but one thing I do not like is the fact that it does not (or I have not figured out how to) get it to show me once I have the location I want live gps. What I mean is it will give me a map/directions but it will not update as I move towards my goal.

Other than google maps are there alternatives like this out there. If not I will stick to google maps. Thanks for any help

Anything that is like Google maps. I just want a backup app to play with. Tell me does a nice job it just does not follow your location, its only the directions/map

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Tremortality; 01-15-09 at 10:15 PM.
    01-15-09 06:13 PM
    crap, nothing? I guess I will stick with google maps. This tellme is nice just missing the one thing I need it to do.
    01-16-09 12:18 AM
    So you want something like an automotive GPS receiver that updates your position and gives you turn by turn directions? If so, besides the one AT&T makes you pay for there's a free app called Nav4All that also gives you voice directions as you go. I played with it for a while and it's pretty good, but since I already have a dedicated Garmin device for my car it was redundant and a waste of memory on the BB.
    01-16-09 06:13 AM
    Hi

Well I wanted something like google maps and I downloaded live search and its just fine for me. Tellme doesnt work right for me. Always seems to be offline and the gps never showed me, just the place I was wanting to go, I was constantly trying to find my route. I tried superpages? that was rubbish as well. The GPS on that was waaaay off from where I was after an hour of testing. I will stick with live search for now as well as AT&T Nav while in trial mode, might keep that after my 30 days, its brilliant.
    01-16-09 06:29 AM
    Okay. The AT&T app really is very good, I just won't pay for it when I already have a GPS receiver. Like I said, Nav4All is similar to the AT&T one and is free, and thus far AT&T BBs will still work with it, but if you don't mind paying the fee you will probably be very happy with AT&T's app.
    01-16-09 06:32 AM
    I plan on trying Nav4All as well. I am testing fool!

Thanks again
    01-16-09 06:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD