Ok so I posted this question on this other thread:
    http://http://forums.crackberry.com/...3/#post2314431
    wasn't really getting a helpful response (I was trying to keep from starting a new thread)

Does anyone know of another app that is similar to MLB Gameday?
    I know they have the new audio one, but I used this when I was out and about and the audio is not conducive to the situations I am in.
    I loved my gameday app and I'm really bummed right now.
    Any suggestions?
    I don't really mind the audio if I can turn it off and watch how I used to on Gameday.
    I don't get why MLB changed this, or why not add a second app so you could have either or, or combine them in the new one.
    04-19-09 02:15 AM
    Have you tried going to wap.mlb.com on your bb browser?
    You can choose any game in progress and see exactly what is going on pitch by pitch. Not see, mind you, diagrams-wise, I mean. Not actual video.
    Is this what you are after?
    Or download your favorite team's icon (shortcut) and use that to gain access. Right from the same site.
    04-19-09 07:04 AM
    Have you tried going to wap.mlb.com on your bb browser?
    You can choose any game in progress and see exactly what is going on pitch by pitch. Not see, mind you, diagrams-wise, I mean. Not actual video.
    Is this what you are after?
    Or download your favorite team's icon (shortcut) and use that to gain access. Right from the same site.
    I have the mlb.com icon and my Red Sox icon.
    I guess I haven't played with my mlb one enough. Not sure if you had gameday but it gave you more of a diagram of what was happening in the game. You'd see the baseball diamond and you'd have dots where players were and then there would be text of who was pitching/batting and what was happening. It worked great for what I wanted. And then I get score & innin text alerts too.
    I don't need real video or pics of what is happening and deffinately not audio.

I'll play more with the mlb.com icon and see what it offers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 03:13 PM
    Yup. That's exactly what you'll see. After you click on the icon, you will go to the score. Click on that and you can choose box score or play by play...You want play by play and you will see the little diagram with the pitch locations . You can set the refresh rate for 15/30 or 60 secs, I think!
    Have fun!
    04-19-09 05:45 PM
    Ok cool thanks. I'll try that tomorrow when the sox play.
    lol I'll let you guys know what I think after I try it.

04-19-09 06:00 PM
    Ok so I ised my mlb.com icon this morning I think I went under play by play and then there was something about live.
    Anyhow it was very similar to my old gameday and with this I don't have to pay and the audio is a different option. So I was very happy.
    It was great "watching" the red sox win this morning.
    Thanks again, the person from MLB only told me about the audio they never told me I still had something similar so this was nice.

04-20-09 05:34 PM
    See? There you go!
    Glad you are enjoying it and for free! That makes it even better...
    04-20-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD